Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New firmware release 12-10-2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my short experience with an AP1 Model X on an extended test drive, the rain sensing wipers are pretty bad on AP1 cars. They do seem to at least turn on when it's raining, but the speed and frequency of them seems to be really random.

The AP1 rain sensor is no worse or better than every other car I've ever had with wiper sensors. I do feel the 2 position sensitivity a little bit backward though. That takes it back to the first car I had with rain sensors, a 2001 BMW 7 series. The last car with rain sensors had 6-8 sensitivity settings if i remember right.

Tesla is pushing a new software update: now listing amenities around Supercharger and adding profiles to key fobs

Under the new v8.0.2 update, Tesla is now listing amenities around Superchargers to facilitate planning a road trip when using its in-car ‘Maps’ app. For example, you can more easily see if there are stores or restaurants with WiFi or restrooms within walking distance of the Tesla Superchargers that you will be using during your road trip.

The other main new feature is the ability to link a driver profile to a specific key fob. That way, if there is more than one driver associated with a Model S or X, there’s no need to change driver profiles in the vehicle; instead, your ideal seat and steering wheel position will be automatically adjusted when the dedicated key fob is detected.

Did others get this update? how long does it typically take for firmware to roll out to all the cars? I still have not gotten this update.
Days to weeks. And not every build gets pushed to every car-- some are only for specific configurations.
You can follow how many cars get which builds on the firmware tracker site ev-fw.com and please enter your info there when you get an update.
Dozens of similar previous answers to the question of how long does it take are available by searching TMC.

I've been at work all day and hooked my car to the guest wifi this morning. I'm not exactly sure how large the update is, but the car keeps downloading about 1.2 - 1.6gb then disconnects for a little while, and starts again. I don't know if its downloading seperate packages or if its just weak signal and the whole package needs to start again. One would think since its a linux kernel it is using some sort of apt-get where it gets individual packages.

IDK, it's downloaded about 4gb overall today and still haven't gotten a prompt on my phone app to say the car is ready for update.

how can you tell how much data your car is downloading on your wifi?

I'm the network engineer for my office. Our corporate network shows how much any particular person uploads/downloads and keeps it in logs. Since I know the MAC address of my car, I can easily find it.

Some higher end home routers also have this function. At home, I use a pretty run of the mill Asus RT-AC68U and it has these features. It's not the newest kid on the block, but serves me fine. And I bought 3 more as gifts this year when they were on sale on newegg earlier this mo for $19.99 each. If you're a T-mobile customer, they will give you one for free if you ask them at the store for the "Wifi calling router".

I'm the network engineer for my office. Our corporate network shows how much any particular person uploads/downloads and keeps it in logs. Since I know the MAC address of my car, I can easily find it.

Some higher end home routers also have this function. At home, I use a pretty run of the mill Asus RT-AC68U and it has these features. It's not the newest kid on the block, but serves me fine. And I bought 3 more as gifts this year when they were on sale on newegg earlier this mo for $19.99 each. If you're a T-mobile customer, they will give you one for free if you ask them at the store for the "Wifi calling router".
awesome! i just so happen to be a t-mobile customer :)

Ug how'd I miss that sale I really need a new one I've burned mine out 2.4gz dies after 2-3 days, I have to unplug to get it working again.