Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my 60KW in for first service and they set me up with new better floor mats. I had already replace the originals with Lyods but the replacements are much better. The new mats are made so they don't move aka Loyds! Thanks Elon!

I bought Lloyds myself and didn't want to "screw" those retainers into the car's carpet so, yes, they do slide around a bit. I wish they had the nibbed rubber backing like most carpeted mats have. One other nit with the Lloyds is that they don't have any reinforcing where your accelerator pedal heel rests and my mat is already staring to get worn there. Do the new Tesla mats deal with this problem as well?

The new Tesla mats (series 3, I guess) have little ribs to hold them in place. There is no reinforcement that I can see at the accelerator pedal.

The downside? Tesla's mats flop over too easily on the passenger side, because of the slope of the floor. The top part of the flap flops.

We were not pleased with the factory mats and had some custom mats made and have been very happy with them. They do not move around and I had the rear mat modified a little so it fits better (especially if you have an exit profile set up for the driver seat).

Here is a link to the thread with some pics: Custom Floor Mats

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

We were not pleased with the factory mats and had some custom mats made and have been very happy with them. They do not move around and I had the rear mat modified a little so it fits better (especially if you have an exit profile set up for the driver seat).

Here is a link to the thread with some pics: Custom Floor Mats

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Have you had any problems with the passenger map "flopping"?

Tesla has made available new floor mats for the driver and passenger side of the Model S. The old floor mats had a tendency to bunch up under the pedals and the passenger mat tended to flip over on itself. These new mats (Installed free at your Tesla service center) are heavier, stiffer, and more plush than the old mats. The have a velcro backing which sticks to velcro buttons which are permanently attached to the floor carpet. They really stay anchored. I recommend that everyone get this "upgrade".

Tesla has made available new floor mats for the driver and passenger side of the Model S. The old floor mats had a tendency to bunch up under the pedals and the passenger mat tended to flip over on itself. These new mats (Installed free at your Tesla service center) are heavier, stiffer, and more plush than the old mats. The have a velcro backing which sticks to velcro buttons which are permanently attached to the floor carpet. They really stay anchored. I recommend that everyone get this "upgrade".

So, this is the third iteration of the OEM floor mats? With my first gen, second gen, and Lloyd's mats, I already have quite a collection.

I'll be curious to see the new floor mats - and see if they are really better quality than what's on the showroom floors, which I wasn't impressed with those.

I'd like to get mats with a Tesla logo, but don't want to spend all the extra $$$ - so I'll wait and see what comes with the car and if needed, upgrade to the Lloyds Mats.

That is good news. I was thinking of gluing some Velcro to the back and hoping it just stuck enough to the carpet.

I don't have any problem with the driver side, but the passenger side is constantly flipping over. It's a little embarrassing when new people get in my car and have to reach down fix the floor mats. Not some thing you'd expect to do in a luxury car.

No problem with original mats. Ranger installed 'improved' front mats last year while he did the rear axle bolt & firmware upgrades. I took one of the old front mats and pushed it into the passenger seat to protect seat from dog use. It goes into seat crack far enough to remain in place indefinitely and does a good job covering the seat. New mats work same as old mats - perfect.
--