Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FWD switch design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My june 2018 X has the new FWD design button too. The old one definitely is harder to understand.

I think the new simple button type switch has been standard for quite some time now. My Feb delivered car has them too and this thread started back in April 2017. I remember the first showroom car I saw last summer still had the old style lever switch, which is not so intuitive to use. Not sure what they were thinking when that was designed, a simple button is the obvious solution. Maybe they were trying to avoid accidental operation by making it a more physical action, but the button location makes accidental operation pretty unlikely anyway.

I think the new simple button type switch has been standard for quite some time now. My Feb delivered car has them too and this thread started back in April 2017. I remember the first showroom car I saw last summer still had the old style lever switch, which is not so intuitive to use. Not sure what they were thinking when that was designed, a simple button is the obvious solution. Maybe they were trying to avoid accidental operation by making it a more physical action, but the button location makes accidental operation pretty unlikely anyway.
My car came with the ‘new’ ones two years ago this month. :D

We had a test loaner before that and I never understood the logic of the original ones either. Did you pull down? Up? How about stopping them? Why didn’t they use these new ones in the first place, lol.

Just had my FWD switches changed from the old design to the new design free of charge. I complained about the fit, finish, and functionality and Tesla agreed to swap them out free. Done by Mobile Ranger. Took him about 30 minutes to complete, thanks to a bit of trouble with the driver’s side trim.
5EE0B463-A569-40EA-888A-7686682F2978.jpeg
697147C2-F146-4F86-AF73-221E682610E4.jpeg

Just had my FWD switches changed from the old design to the new design free of charge. I complained about the fit, finish, and functionality and Tesla agreed to swap them out free. Done by Mobile Ranger. Took him about 30 minutes to complete, thanks to a bit of trouble with the driver’s side trim. View attachment 602566View attachment 602567
What yr Is your vehicle and did you ask them through the app / over the phone or in person at the SC?