Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New headlights retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was mistaken. I was thinking about the gateway unlock using the brake pedal and right indicator simultaneous press.

Yes toolbox is needed for svc +
The person who reconfigured my car to support the Matrix LED did use service mode plus to do it. They remoted into my car via my laptop which was plugged into the diagnostics port. I did take a photo of the headlight page when they finished it:

Attachments

• IMG_4701.jpeg
    IMG_4701.jpeg
    405.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Is this possible only through SVC Mode Plus? Guessing I would need toolbox access? I’ve got the Matrix on my 2018 working.
No, you need access to the shell. Service shell within toolbox does what you need to do (service shell isn't quite a true shell prompt and Tesla could certainly restrict its capabilities, but so far they've left that method open). I think in the past it was possible to telnet into the car and open up a true shell prompt just by having the ethernet connection, but if there's any way of doing that these days, it's not well publicized.