Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New headlights vs free 1yr supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA confirm my 86029x car has the old headlights, but I actually like them better, so no issues. The projector looks super cheap IMO. And at least the high-beam pattern looks worse than before, and the low beam just different. Same brightness, so no difference there. And knowing Tesla, the new ones are probably cheaper anyway, like the chrome delete, so glad to have the old ones. Ha ha.

Reactions: eesmjus
Need some help.

They have an inventory model three with the exact configuration that I am looking for. It’s vin is 87XXX or above

My sales advisor states that there is no way for him to confirm if it has the new headlights or not. Does anyone know if a vehicle with a Vin of 87 or higher would have them?

I have a M3LR, picking up Monday morning. The VIN is 859xxx with a gate date of 12/13. Will be able to let you all know on Monday if it has the new headlights. I read before (but can't find now) that the born date is more important to the headlights than the VIN. We shall see.
yes that is true. the born date is shows more information than the VIN. VINs are not in order of how they are built. however its more likely than not, if they were built the same day than its a higher chance of having the same stuff put in the car. now Tesla could have run out of the new headlight and some cars higher vin plated have old headlights. it will be good info tho if yours has it or if it doesn't. it can help people know when they actually started building them with the global headlight vs old ones. also I believe Tesla has more than one line for model 3s, so that could also play a huge factor into who got what and when. if one line is doing it yet another one is using up the last inventory of the old stuff then you can get a situation where some have it and vins are higher and lower than what the first one I saw which is 869,xxx dont have it.

yes that is true. the born date is shows more information than the VIN. VINs are not in order of how they are built. however its more likely than not, if they were built the same day than its a higher chance of having the same stuff put in the car. now Tesla could have run out of the new headlight and some cars higher vin plated have old headlights. it will be good info tho if yours has it or if it doesn't. it can help people know when they actually started building them with the global headlight vs old ones.
Mine was born today! I should have it the 24th-26th. SA said it almost certainty has the new lights. I have it in writing so here is hoping!
95% yours will have the new headlights.

Where you drawing this number from? You monitor the production line?
not really, I have good insight into how things run and function. example, all the cars now are being produced with the new headlights for the most part. doesn't mean some will not have the new lights. that is still possible. but it *appears* that they started around the 12/12- current production at some capacity with the new headlight. and the vins are starting to catch up with 863,xx being the lowest vin I have seen with the new headlights. Tesla has multiple production lines or the model 3. so its very possible that one line was building model 3s with the last of the inventory for model 3 and the model Y will carry the rest of that inventory but those too are switching over to the new global headlights as well. I do know some of the production lime and timing. I do have friends within Tesla. I could say that if your car was born today that it will have a vin somewhere in the 870,xxx+ range. which means it 95% chance it has all the latest update. I do not know everything. but im just using my insight and experience with Tesla to help you. that all. currently Tesla is ramping up for one final push for California. which is their biggest market. now some people will get demo cars if they chose. if Tesla is pushed they will discount some of those demos if they can't get them a freshly built one. but if you have any question just ask. I dont mind helping people. and in most case I know where to ask and get the answer if it can be given. something I can't share as I dont want people to get into trouble.

Last edited:
Friend JUST picked up model 3 yesterday in costa mesa with new headlights !

Attachments

• IMG_3533.jpg
    IMG_3533.jpg
    624.7 KB · Views: 137
They have an inventory model three with the exact configuration that I am looking for. It’s vin is 87XXX or above
Can't the lazy SA go check? Geez. But based on reports I've seen here, I'd say that car has the new headlights almost guaranteed.

Just got my vin “874xxx” almost 875. Build date 12/22
Your car should have the new headlights if both of those stats are correct.

Still no VIN on a 10/22 LR white/white/aero order in the Bay Area.
That's weird. I thought CA had priority over other regions. My car is identical to yours, and it was reportedly built on Dec 10. And SA said there were 'a ton' of unsold white/whites when I placed my order on Dec 14, which is why I could have taken delivery today, and directly from the factory (not a transfer), so you could have gotten one of those unsold cars. Wonder if there's something different on CA cars.