Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Holding Co - X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Paul_SF

Feb 12, 2020
US
2A85F087-585E-4E0F-A232-92480AD282F9.jpeg

Domain Name: x.com
Registry Domain ID: 1026563_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: Make Your Own Way | GoDaddy
Updated Date: 2017-07-05T21:02:43Z
Creation Date: 1993-04-02T05:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2026-10-20T19:56:17Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited EPP Status Codes | What Do They Mean, and Why Should I Know? - ICANN
Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street: 14455 N. Hayden Road
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85260
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID: Not Available From Registry
Admin Name: Registration Private
Admin Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Admin Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Admin Street: 14455 N. Hayden Road
Admin City: Scottsdale
Admin State/Province: Arizona
Admin Postal Code: 85260
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.4806242599
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +1.4806242598
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Registry Tech ID: Not Available From Registry
Tech Name: Registration Private
Tech Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Tech Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Tech Street: 14455 N. Hayden Road
Tech City: Scottsdale
Tech State/Province: Arizona
Tech Postal Code: 85260
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.4806242599
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +1.4806242598
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: NS71.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS72.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: Submitting a Complaint to ICANN Contractual Compliance - ICANN
Posting the whois data for future reference, since he'll most likely have to buy it back.

For the purposes of epistemological discussion, I immediately foresee fearful forces fraught with frightening outcomes.

I decide, for example, that a dedication of human endeavor to the long-term benefit of the planet most appropriately can occur were each person to apply himself or herself to productive work by abstaining from procreating until, as in my and my wife’s situation, when he is in his 7th decade and she in her 5th. Were this to be universal, then humans would be using their 20s - 40s/50s not just working productively, undistracted by the indisputably challenging task of raising offspring, but also would be gaining the wisdom and maturity and, in the kind of socioeconomic situation present in the United States, the economic security so beneficial to thereafter be so much more able to nurture a child. From my own experience, I’m reasonably confident that few parents of such age would be so eager to raise more than a very, very small number of children; thus other incentives to limit offspring to two or even one would likely not be necessary.

The multi-generational repercussions of this action very quickly would bring the earth’s human population, and its depredations of the rest of its natural systems, to responsible levels. Goal achieved.

BUT - regardless of how effectively such a proposal would work, how well would it be received in, oh, about 100.00% of this planet’s societies?

More succinctly: who is to decide the goals?

Reactions: X-pilot
For the purposes of epistemological discussion, I immediately foresee fearful forces fraught with frightening outcomes.

I decide, for example, that a dedication of human endeavor to the long-term benefit of the planet most appropriately can occur were each person to apply himself or herself to productive work by abstaining from procreating until, as in my and my wife’s situation, when he is in his 7th decade and she in her 5th. Were this to be universal, then humans would be using their 20s - 40s/50s not just working productively, undistracted by the indisputably challenging task of raising offspring, but also would be gaining the wisdom and maturity and , in the kind of socioeconomic situation present in the United States, the economic security so beneficial to thereafter be so much more able to nurture a child. From my own experience, I’m reasonably confident that few parents of such age would be so eager to raise more than a very, very small number of children; thus other incentives to limit offspring to two or even one would likely not be necessary.

The multi-generational repercussions of this action very quickly would bring the earth’s human population, and its depredations of the rest of its natural systems, to responsible levels. Goal achieved.

BUT - regardless of how effectively such a proposal would work, how well would it be received in, oh, about 100.00% of this planet’s societies?

it makes no practical sense, honestly. Some people want children, some don’t.

What’s for sure is that we might see a population collapse in the future.

The idea that we are too many is flawed, and Elon explained that in the interview in Germany I think.

Every society that gets out of poverty and gains comfortable lives, as a rule, it seems to make less offsprings. They don’t make 2 copies of themselves to replace themselves, they usually make 1 and put everything they have in them.

but this discussion should be on a different thread, I think.

Reactions: UkNorthampton

I decide, for example, that a dedication of human endeavor to the long-term benefit of the planet most appropriately can occur were each person to apply himself or herself to productive work by abstaining from procreating until, as in my and my wife’s situation, when he is in his 7th decade and she in her 5th. Were this to be universal, then humans would be using their 20s - 40s/50s not just working productively, undistracted by the indisputably challenging task of raising offspring, but also would be gaining the wisdom and maturity and, in the kind of socioeconomic situation present in the United States, the economic security so beneficial to thereafter be so much more able to nurture a child. From my own experience, I’m reasonably confident that few parents of such age would be so eager to raise more than a very, very small number of children; thus other incentives to limit offspring to two or even one would likely not be necessary.

Of course, the effect on the child should possibly be considered as well. it's a sad state that we have children not for the child, but for ourselves nowadays.

it makes no practical sense, honestly. Some people want children, some don’t.

What’s for sure is that we might see a population collapse in the future.

The idea that we are too many is flawed, and Elon explained that in the interview in Germany I think.

Every society that gets out of poverty and gains comfortable lives, as a rule, it seems to make less offsprings. They don’t make 2 copies of themselves to replace themselves, they usually make 1 and put everything they have in them.

but this discussion should be on a different thread, I think.
In the big picture, that might only be happening because we're still in scarcity mode and haven't transitioned to a society based on sustainable abundance. Once that happens you might find people much more willing to reproduce recreationally.

As a 43 year old, I can tell you this generation has had an absurdly stressful and unhealthy time parenting on average. We're the first generation not only expected to have a two spouse income, but actually for a long time shamed mom's who weren't in the workplace. Not easy when income has been flat literally our entire lives and costs were 4-10x the 70's-80's.

We've been spread too thin, but that's just a function of scarcity and peak wealth inequality IMO. It'll rapidly reverse starting 2025 or so. I think you'll see a nice flat "replacement rate" after that. Though who knows, maybe we'll have some really awesome birth control and cure all venereal disease by then!

As for "X"......I love the idea. It would allow Elon to tiptoe away from the Tesla automotive day-to-day and flatten a lot of the equity volatility that comes with Tesla. With SPACs and these new direct IPO rules, I say we do it next week!

Also, explain to me why we aren't just making up stuff like this and "leaking" it like these hedge fund clowns just did with the Apple EV "news". We need to be more coordinated and ruthless!

I'd be excited for investment into a conglomerate of Overlord Musk's companies. I mean, they're all fairly connected anyway (ie, SpaceX using Tesla Motors, Boring company making a rave cave under a Gigafactory, etc), but this would be more direct of helping the mission as a whole and not just a branch of it.

Once Overlord passes however, it would be a frighteningly powerful entity. Hopefully would get passed into good hands.

I'd be excited for investment into a conglomerate of Overlord Musk's companies. I mean, they're all fairly connected anyway (ie, SpaceX using Tesla Motors, Boring company making a rave cave under a Gigafactory, etc), but this would be more direct of helping the mission as a whole and not just a branch of it.

Once Overlord passes however, it would be a frighteningly powerful entity. Hopefully would get passed into good hands.
No worries, that's what Neuralink is for. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: LN1_Casey
Given all the drama Tesla experienced as a public company until recently and Elon's views that SpaceX shouldn't go public until it's sustainably cash flow positive, Elon's support for this idea may suggest that he believes Tesla will have sufficient cash flow to ensure the whole "X" enterprise is sufficiently cash flow positive to avoid the nasty "run on the bank" tactics of short sellers. Or perhaps he is thinking that this idea would make sense when Starlink is a little more mature and generating cash, which shouldn't take too long. Either way, will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Reactions: DaveT