Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New info about wheel/tire choice in Design Studio.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My plan is to go for an all weather tire option, no swapping over BS every 6 months. That is if I can find them in 20". Largest I have found so far are the 19" WRG3 which is my favourite AW tire.

I've already ordered them. There are two WRG3 lines, one for passenger cars and the WRG3 SUV line. The latter has sizes to fit the Model X's 20 wheels and width's to replicate the OE staggered setup.

proven, bikeandsail has said it hands down.

I don't know how Charlotte weather compares to Raleigh, but I would do all seasons around here. My S and 4Runner on all seasons do great in Hickory and good in Boone (if I am careful). With summer tires, I would have problems even around Charlotte due to cold days making the rubber very hard. I would suggest you do all seasons if you use one tire year-round. Otherwise, I wouldn't even drive in Charlotte on summer tires from Dec - March.

Cyclone,

Great feedback, thanks! I emailed our DS today to clarify what we would be getting, and made a point to say we prefer the all season tires.