Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey EV Rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to provide update for everyone still waiting on the credit-- Apologies for delay!
On delivery day the error was not automatically corrected and the Service Advisor had to initiate a ticket for the credit to be removed from my account. The credit was applied approximately 30 mins before my scheduled delivery date/time however, I am unsure if this is universally the case. The balance remaining became 0 and I was able to unlock the vehicle via Tesla app on delivery date. One issue that I have is Delivery Declaration is not able to be viewed online under my vehicle's contracts and agreement tab, provides an HTML error.

@TProfit I do not see NJ sales tax listed added to my motor vehicle purchase agreement and was not charged for tax. I can confirm that tax was not charged at time of sale either.
Thanks for the update & congrats ! I got a text message this morning from Springfield delivery center stating that my Model Y is eligible and that I will get the credit on the account before 24 hrs of delivery. My delivery is for tomo (1/25) 1 pm(the app still shows balance of $2000). I will let everyone know how my pick up goes tomorrow. I hope they fix it before pick up time and not make me wait at the dealership.

Thank you all for the updates.
For those with scheduled delivery or already picked cars, please update when was your order date. Tying to get an estimate when we can expect Delivery based on the booking dates.

I honestly think most cars are already at the dealer. Drove by the Paramus storage lot a few times and the lots are packed with inventory. They are super inundated with deliveries and prep work. They are trying to space out the deliveries

Reactions: NJEV-Don
Update from myside : Just picked up the car from Springfield dealer this afternoon. The $2000 NJ rebate issue was resolved and my balance was 0 when I went to pick up. In terms of timeline...ordered mine(Model Y AWD LR Blue) on Jan 13th; Original pick up was Jan 20th and pickup after the Nj rebate issue resolved was today Jan 25. Except for the NJ rebate issue all other process was very smooth via the app.

Reactions: ghuie32
Does adding $6k Enhanced Auto Pilot disqualify MYLR from $2k state credit ? MSRP without EAP would have been under $55k.
MSRP should be under $55k for it to qualify for state $2k credit and also for the Federal tax credit(2023 returns). You can check/confirm with Tesla dealer; Adding $6k enhanced auto pilot will add to the price of car(unlike the fees etc).

MSRP should be under $55k for it to qualify for state $2k credit and also for the Federal tax credit(2023 returns). You can check/confirm with Tesla dealer; Adding $6k enhanced auto pilot will add to the price of car(unlike the fees etc).
So of Tesla is saying that adding software, such as EAP, doesn’t affect the cap for $7,500 federal rebate, would you think that NJ $2k incentive is also not going to care about extra 6k for EAP? Or would it make sense to drop it from my order now and add it after the delivery? Thanks.

Just wanted to provide update for everyone still waiting on the credit-- Apologies for delay!
On delivery day the error was not automatically corrected and the Service Advisor had to initiate a ticket for the credit to be removed from my account. The credit was applied approximately 30 mins before my scheduled delivery date/time however, I am unsure if this is universally the case. The balance remaining became 0 and I was able to unlock the vehicle via Tesla app on delivery date. One issue that I have is Delivery Declaration is not able to be viewed online under my vehicle's contracts and agreement tab, provides an HTML error.

@TProfit I do not see NJ sales tax listed added to my motor vehicle purchase agreement and was not charged for tax. I can confirm that tax was not charged at time of sale either.
OMG this is AMAZING news. One of the few times I LOVE being in NJ. Previously it was because I didn't have to get out of my car to pump gas .... Oh wait...

I honestly think most cars are already at the dealer. Drove by the Paramus storage lot a few times and the lots are packed with inventory. They are super inundated with deliveries and prep work. They are trying to space out the deliveries

Does adding $6k Enhanced Auto Pilot disqualify MYLR from $2k state credit ? MSRP without EAP would have been under $55k.

So of Tesla is saying that adding software, such as EAP, doesn’t affect the cap for $7,500 federal rebate, would you think that NJ $2k incentive is also not going to care about extra 6k for EAP? Or would it make sense to drop it from my order now and add it after the delivery? Thanks.
Haven't heard of user experience, but EAP/FSB probably fall under "autonomous upgrades":
1674830916916.png
https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/...Charge_Up_New_Jersey_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf page 13

It is point of sale. After the recent price cuts, there was some discussion on Reddit that Tesla hadn't filed the paperwork they needed to with the State of New Jersey to get the Model Y to qualify.

That seems to have been corrected. The 'Eligible Vehicles' page on the Charge Up NJ website now lists the Model Y and the 'Price Details' section on the 'Manage Order' page for the MYLR order I placed on 1/14 shows the $2k Charge Up NJ incentive under 'Additional Credits', noting that it is 'Contingent on residents signing any required documentation.'