Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe. But the murph is pretty heavy to 'progressive' policies. I think there is a chance that something will continue.

Besides NJ is always broke. Hasn't stopped any gov in past (certainly not in this century and even before) from spending money we don't have.

True NJ is always broke, our taxes will be raised in the end whichever way you look at it.

Reactions: streetskooler
So they are not accepting applications at this point?

Just to be clear for Phase 1 if you ordered the car on or before Dec 15,2020 and took delivery of the car shortly thereafter then you can apply as the portal will be open until March 15,2021. This is all based on projections of funds the program administrator has performed. Having said that there are no guarantees until your application is approved as they can run out of funds sooner.

If you have not ordered the car yet then you will have to wait until Summer of 2021 for Phase 2 to be implemented

For the post purchase rebate, yes. They apparently hit their FY21 funding by the end of this year. Looks like they greatly underestimated the popularity of the program which is great to hear. Hopefully they are able to bring it back at some point next year.

That might be confusing to @Bathezor. (as in "Yes" to @Bathezor saying "not accepting"). If you purchased by Dec 15 then you have until March 15 to get the application in. But if you purchased say today, you are out of luck.

Home | Charge Up New Jersey

I'm betting that they miscalculated how much they would pay out per vehicle as well as ;how many vehicles would qualify for some rebate. Back when this developed, most EVs would not qualify for $5,000. Tesla was kind of the exception. But now there are more that qualify for the $5,000 plus lots of vehicles that qualify for at least some rebate.
Eligible Vehicles | Charge Up New Jersey

That might be confusing to @Bathezor. (as in "Yes" to @Bathezor saying "not accepting"). If you purchased by Dec 15 then you have until March 15 to get the application in. But if you purchased say today, you are out of luck.

Home | Charge Up New Jersey

I'm betting that they miscalculated how much they would pay out per vehicle as well as ;how many vehicles would qualify for some rebate. Back when this developed, most EVs would not qualify for $5,000. Tesla was kind of the exception. But now there are more that qualify for the $5,000 plus lots of vehicles that qualify for at least some rebate.
Eligible Vehicles | Charge Up New Jersey

No no, I'm good. Got mine back in November. Just glad I submitted it on time.