Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New latches are wonderful and much quieter/better than old

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine were replaced back in November 2016 without me requesting them or having an issue. At the time they stated they were replacing all the latches when cars were in service if the SC had stock on hand. I guess I just got lucky because my car was there for another reason and the program had just started.

These are the parts they put in. Curious if they are the same part numbers now.

This was the part number installed.....
LATCH RETROFIT KIT LH & RH, SERVICE
(1446159-00-A)

I had an issue with my “presenting” drivers side door, which sounded like it was grinding when it opened, or paused before opening, and then had the grinding noise. I sent this into the SC, along with a video of the noise, and they ordered the new part and replaced on both doors. The difference is incredible! Very soft open, and no click when opening followed by a small motor noise, unlike the original assembly. Ours was a May 2017 build.

Mine were replaced back in November 2016 without me requesting them or having an issue. At the time they stated they were replacing all the latches when cars were in service if the SC had stock on hand. I guess I just got lucky because my car was there for another reason and the program had just started.

These are the parts they put in. Curious if they are the same part numbers now.

The Model X I bought back in 7/2016 just had its latches replaced. Part number 1446159-00-C. Driver's side door sometimes refused to close, which was not good, until I determined I could get the door to latch by opening it from the inside, then quickly closing it. Parts were not in stock when I first took it in. I'm guessing the Model 3 is putting stress on functions like routine maintenance.