Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Loaner Policy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had several appointments since last July, always offered a loaner.....one time it was an Enterprise rental car, but still it was a loaner.
Last week sat there for 4 hours after driving 1.5 hours to the SC then another 1.5 hours home. Makes me feel great after buying 2 Tesla cars in the last 12 months, and giving them (6) referrals as well. My Hyundai dealer always provided a loaner when my Azera was in for service. Even our local Ford dealer does this, my coworker had his car there 16 times and received a loaner every time.....starting the process or erasing Tesla from my existence. Fun car but it is really worth the hassle?

I have been working with the same service advisor since I purchased the car 2 years ago so he really takes care of me. I always get a loaner but this time the difference is all loaners are locked in "chill mode" due to people going crazy on the loaners and they are replacing tires all the time.

I have been working with the same service advisor since I purchased the car 2 years ago so he really takes care of me. I always get a loaner but this time the difference is all loaners are locked in "chill mode" due to people going crazy on the loaners and they are replacing tires all the time.

Congratulations ! I think OP and the rest of us may take some comfort in the fact that someone somewhere is still getting good service.

My friend just picked up his model 3 performance 2 weeks ago, I was instrumental in him not getting the Audi he was leaning toward. He took it in today for paint repairs, warranty. Nothing told him he had to get an Uber or no loaner car, no message, no communications. Tonight he received a message that his car is complete. He asked them to lock the key card in the car, it is sitting at the SC with the doors unlocked, not enough charge to get home or to the nearest charger on the trip home. He is suppose to pick it up first thing, with not enough juice to make it. Needless to say not a good first time experience for a die hard Audi driver. I feel responsible to a degree and will stop encouraging people to look at Tesla until they start making decisions where the customer matters.

My friend just picked up his model 3 performance 2 weeks ago, I was instrumental in him not getting the Audi he was leaning toward. He took it in today for paint repairs, warranty. Nothing told him he had to get an Uber or no loaner car, no message, no communications. Tonight he received a message that his car is complete. He asked them to lock the key card in the car, it is sitting at the SC with the doors unlocked, not enough charge to get home or to the nearest charger on the trip home. He is suppose to pick it up first thing, with not enough juice to make it. Needless to say not a good first time experience for a die hard Audi driver. I feel responsible to a degree and will stop encouraging people to look at Tesla until they start making decisions where the customer matters.

Me thinks it's time to clean house at Tesla Service--this sort of customer service is grossly unacceptable.

Elon--get on it, YESTERDAY!

Hate to say it, best car service department from our experience is Lexus, hands down. No other car or brand has given better service in the years we have owned cars, consistently. Tesla was at the one yard line some time ago, just needed to get that extra step to make it. Now they are back at the 20 and going in reverse. JMO

I have an appointment tomorrow and got this via text this afternoon:

This message is from Tesla in xxxxx. We would like to remind you that you have your appointment tomorrow at 8:00am. If you arrive outside your scheduled time we may not be able to immediately assist you as we will be with other customers. We have reviewed your appointment and your vehicle should be completed within the day. For same day appointments Tesla provides Uber ride credits to get you to and from the service center. Or if you prefer you are welcome to wait while the work is performed. When you drop off if it is determined that your vehicle will need additional diagnosis, and will take longer than the day, we will make a loaner available to you. Lastly, as we schedule our daily workload based on items within each appointment, we are unable to address any additional items outside of your scheduled visit. However, we can set up a future appointment for additional concerns when you drop off tomorrow if need be.

We will see you soon!

For me this is what I expect and can deal with. I am retired and have little demand on my time I cannot easily schedule. And since I am an hour away from the SC a loaner never made sense for me if the service was less than about 5 hours or less. The Uber would work OK for me too since I have another car at home.

I just hang out in their waiting/salesroom sucking up wifi. If I get hungry they have offered to take me over to a local restaurant. In the real old days they had snacks. :D

But I can certainly sympathise with anyone who has a busy schedule, only has one car, has car seats etc. That would tip my scale I am sure.

Reactions: VikH and mxnym
Always received a loaner when getting service or warranty issues fixed, now there is a new policy in effect?

Any others hear lately about the new no loaner policy?

I was just informed Tesla doesn't pay for gas either anymore .
So they take my Tesla Model S in and won't advise how long repairs may take. Is it days/weeks/months?
- they give me a CLA 250 Benz which seems like maybe half the storage and is no where close in comfort.. I pay $1200/month for my Tesla.
this car might be a $500 payment - of they keep my car for a month or 2, do they not owe me the difference???

I stopped referring the car to everyone after Tesla didn't credit me the miles I had earned with two referrals. I usually tell them that the cars are great, the service is not at the moment and they need to be prepared for that.
service is getting worse instead of better--- they delivered too many Model 3's......now they can't keep up.
this is gonna blow up next year when they flood Model Y's into the market