Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changes in Tesla Service - No More Loaner for Out of Warranty Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone aware that recently they changed the loaner policy and won't give loaner for cars out of warranty. Every other luxury brand will give loaner cars even if out of warranty and I'm actually paying a lot for the repairs.

This is not a new policy where I live. I have never been offered a loaner since being out of warranty 2.5 years ago. I also recently had warranty work done and was not offered a loaner. Instead they did the repair in a timely fashion while I waited, which I applaud the efficiency of this approach.

Reactions: Zythryn
Is anyone aware that recently they changed the loaner policy and won't give loaner for cars out of warranty. Every other luxury brand will give loaner cars even if out of warranty and I'm actually paying a lot for the repairs.
I wonder how they will handle for example battery replacement after 50k miles but before the end of the 150k mile battery warranty? I would hope that you would get a loaner in that case.

I have been alternatively told this, as well as handed uber credits AND loaners on multiple occasions.

It seems to be based entirely on the size of the location and whether the service center employee feels like lying to the customer or being a decent human that day.