Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New massive CCS1 charging station in Hope BC - It's free..for now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is funny that 10 charging stalls is considered massive.
This is massive for this style of charger layout. I tried them initially when they were introduced in Vancouver. The sites were set up between 1 and 4 chargers. Being battery supplied, they deplete quickly and have to recover. Having 10 will lessen this issue. Still not as seemless as a tesla supercharger when trying to charge. They revert to a L2 speed when depleted because they are only supplied with 220v unless this generation of units has been improved.

This is massive for this style of charger layout. I tried them initially when they were introduced in Vancouver. The sites were set up between 1 and 4 chargers. Being battery supplied, they deplete quickly and have to recover. Having 10 will lessen this issue. Still not as seemless as a tesla supercharger when trying to charge. They revert to a L2 speed when depleted because they are only supplied with 220v unless this generation of units has been improved.
IIRC, each post is fed with a 240v/200 amp supply, and this is approximately what they supply when depleted.

IIRC, each post is fed with a 240v/200 amp supply, and this is approximately what they supply when depleted.
So once the battery is depleted they drop to ~48kW? (And when charging in that "conserve" mode it is free, even after the initial trial period where it is all free, right?)

I could see people seeking out those "slow" free chargers.

So once the battery is depleted they drop to ~48kW? (And when charging in that "conserve" mode it is free, even after the initial trial period where it is all free, right?)

Yes, IIRC the rate will drop into the 40kw range when the battery is depleted, I don't know what the eventual pricing scheme will be, but given the typical charge taper, if you can get to 50% SOC before battery depletion, it shouldn't effect overall charge time that much. Pray that the previous EV was a Chevy Bolt!

Not from what I have seen. When I was using one it dropped to 16 kW. If you look on Plugshare you will see folks getting anywhere from 7.5 to 17 kW when the battery is depleted.