Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New maximum range on LR RWD 2019.5.15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see no reason charge rate would matter. If they change the efficiency of the car via software there would be no impact to the battery.
It's basic math, if charge rate in km/h is the same before and after then it will take longer to charge to 525km vs 499km. If it's just a software fix then it should take the same amount of time to charge, and thus the km/h charge rate should be higher.

The same efficiency software change that says 75kWh = 525km instead of 75kWh = 499km would make 7.5kw charge rate = 52.5km/h after vs 49.9km/h before (525/(75kWh/7.5kW)) vs (499/(75kWh/7.5))

It's basic math, if charge rate in km/h is the same before and after then it will take longer to charge to 525km vs 499km. If it's just a software fix then it should take the same amount of time to charge, and thus the km/h charge rate should be higher.

The same efficiency software change that says 75kWh = 525km instead of 75kWh = 499km would make 7.5kw charge rate = 52.5km/h after vs 49.9km/h before (525/(75kWh/7.5kW)) vs (499/(75kWh/7.5))

I see what your saying, I thought you guys were saying the battery would nee to take longer to charge. You just talking about the diplay.

I know we can't always trust Tesla employees knowing what's really going on but the Mobile Tech I had a week ago said the range increase was because of opening up more of the battery to use, take that with a grain of salt as always.

In my case I'm not seeing a faster charge rate so that also matches up with having more battery available.

I think Audi wins on that front now with the new e-tron having something like 12% locked to protect the battery. Short EPA range results from it but maybe they will also open it up after some validation data similar to how Tesla improved performance 5% for Model 3 recently.

Seems my max range went back to 500km after software upgraded to 2019.8.5 ? Anyone experiencing the same thing ?

Yes, back to normal. Five percent more power = five percent less battery :). Although this would match the 5% degradation after one year data point (Odo = ~23,000 km)

upload_2019-4-9_7-49-38.png

Yes, back to normal. Five percent more power = five percent less battery :). Although this would match the 5% degradation after one year data point (Odo = ~23,000 km)

View attachment 395233

Don't know about that I'm at 26,000km and have AWD and current range on teslafi is reported as:
High Range Current Range Range Loss Percent Loss
499.72km 497.69km 2.03 0.41 %

Though at one point I was down to 490km but it recalibrated at some point.

Don't know about that I'm at 26,000km and have AWD and current range on teslafi is reported as:
High Range Current Range Range Loss Percent Loss
499.72km 497.69km 2.03 0.41 %

Though at one point I was down to 490km but it recalibrated at some point.

My TeslaFi recorded the 5% bump to 525km~ capacity and it dropped back down. If going by old numbers, we're similar :)