Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Maxpider make Trunk or FRUNK ones too?

Maxpider does not but the other resident forum favorite, Tuxmat, does. Tuxmat actually makes frunk, top trunk, and "sub trunk" mats.

frunk.jpg toptrunk.jpg subtrunk.jpg

Reactions: forkee
For us in snow climates - not sure this will contain the slushy runoff like the Tuxmat version will.
Tuxmat wraps up and around - nothing is getting through those.
Maxpider does not but the other resident forum favorite, Tuxmat, does. Tuxmat actually makes frunk, top trunk, and "sub trunk" mats.

I think I'll also feel better about the trunk design with some water getting in with tuxmat having a higher backing to catch that water. I know I'll always close my trunk down but don't know if anyone else will.

Last edited:
Reactions: C141medic
I really like the look of these. But I am thrilled with the Maxpider mats' functionality.

If I didn't care about money, I'd buy a set of these for Apr-Oct and use our Maxpider ones Nov-Mar.

The Tuxmats have the best coverage/functionality, but I don't like the looks of them at all.

Looks Functionality
1. Tesla 1. Tuxmat
2, Maxpider 2. Maxpider
3. Tuxmat 3. Tesla

Reactions: 03DSG
Those look pretty nice. I'm interested in those for sound insulating purposes as much as keeping things tidy.
They appear to have some meat to them? Unlike the Tesla Floor solid rubber mats posted in the OP.

Where do you order them from?

I'm from MA too. Ordered from Tesla Model 3 | Free Shipping | TuxMat. Waited till the dollar was stronger.

There is a shipping cost outside of CA. Tuxmat is on eBay if you line up those eBay discounts but u don't know if model 3 if on there. Costco in CA also sells online but only ships in CA.

Those look pretty nice. I'm interested in those for sound insulating purposes as much as keeping things tidy.
They appear to have some meat to them? Unlike the Tesla Floor solid rubber mats posted in the OP.

Where do you order them from?

Tesla Model 3 | Free Shipping | TuxMat

I only have the floor mats so can’t speak to the trunk mats. Assuming they are made the same, I found their mats to be thicker, more substantial than the Maxpiders, but not super thick. Tuxmat markets the sound deadening properties but I don’t think I’d buy them for that purpose. The coverage is definitely superior.

Tesla Model 3 | Free Shipping | TuxMat

I only have the floor mats so can’t speak to the trunk mats. Assuming they are made the same, I found their mats to be thicker, more substantial than the Maxpiders, but not super thick. Tuxmat markets the sound deadening properties but I don’t think I’d buy them for that purpose. The coverage is definitely superior.

I ordered a set. I couldn’t find the trunk ones. Even though I ordered a Trunk Set it still shows an image of the cabin floor mats.

From images of the KUGU 3D Maxpider mats they look much thicker than Tuxmat. But the Tuxmats look very good.

The turn off with Tuxmat on cabin floor mats on model 3 is that super high side wall on the drivers mat. I’m sure it protects

Last edited:
I like the looks of these mats. The white seamless backdrop photos look terrible, but the installed photos look pretty good.

The lip isn't as significant as some other mats, but I'm mostly worried about rain, mud, and drink spills vs snow, so I think we'll be ok. I don't want mats covering the dead pedal and they're good looking and reasonably priced. I also don't like how thick some of the aftermarket mats are.

I *was* holding out for the weathertech mats, but am going with these for the first 20K miles anyway.

I like the looks of these mats. The white seamless backdrop photos look terrible, but the installed photos look pretty good.

The lip isn't as significant as some other mats, but I'm mostly worried about rain, mud, and drink spills vs snow, so I think we'll be ok. I don't want mats covering the dead pedal and they're good looking and reasonably priced. I also don't like how thick some of the aftermarket mats are.

I *was* holding out for the weathertech mats, but am going with these for the first 20K miles anyway.

I like the dead pedal covered. I always find crap gets behind it. This (Maxpider or Tuxmat) will be the first mat that covers it.

I agree the lip doesn’t need to be all that high.

Some mats that have a flat-ish plain texture tend to scuff up over time. And can look real bad. I’d be concerned about Tesla ones doing that. My phone pad in the cubby is scuffed up just from setting phone on it for 2 weeks.

I’m also curious how easy or hard Maxpiders will be to clean. Since they have a deep texture to them.

Who knows.

Any of the mats will add a lot of protection.

Yes, but they’re pretty thin in my opinion. Anyone put the Maxpider’s on top of the Tesla carpet mats?

I used to put weathertec/custom floor mats on top of the carpet mats but then decided to just remove the factory carpet.

My reasoning being is you add thickness to the floor without gaining any protection as the carpet mats is covered anyways.

I really like the look of these. But I am thrilled with the Maxpider mats' functionality.

If I didn't care about money, I'd buy a set of these for Apr-Oct and use our Maxpider ones Nov-Mar.

The Tuxmats have the best coverage/functionality, but I don't like the looks of them at all.

Looks Functionality
1. Tesla 1. Tuxmat
2, Maxpider 2. Maxpider
3. Tuxmat 3. Tesla

I agree that the tuxmats don’t look good. At least for this car. On say a 1st gen camaro maybe. They would match the door panels: 1968 Camaro Coupe Standard Door Panel Kit In Black

To protect your cargo area from getting all wet when you open the Model 3 trunk in rain, 3D Maxpider mat fans might consider this as they don't have a custom cargo mat available yet for Model 3. They do currently sell a Universal Mat (trim to fit) that will work and give you a waterproof surface.

I called U-Ace, manufacturer/distributor for 3D Maxpider kagu mats, and spoke with Marty about the 3D Maxpider Universal Cargo Liner (cut to fit) that I saw on Part Catalog's website that says it will work with Tesla's Model 3. I specficially asked about the odor aspect and he said it is odorless like the Kagu car mats. He said the Universal mat is thinner than the floor mats but basically the same materials used and is flexible enough to be able to lift it up for access to the lower trunk area. It comes in Black, gray or tan. However….

Part Catalog carries it for 59.95 in gray and tan (2175 Universal Cargo Liner). Note that they show a different mat pattern in black. Part Catalog confirmed that the black shown on their site is an updated version and the only universal mat available in black. I wasn’t a fan of the look of the newer black version with its different mat sections and after some thought decided to order the gray for my Model 3 figuring it will go okay with the black trunk interior. May order the custom Model 3 Kagu mat in black when it becomes available later on but really needed something now before it rains. I felt the gray mat pattern had a more uniform surface overall compared to the newer black.

The Universal mat is also sold for $5 more through Walmart, and also sold at Costco in Canada (Costco does have it in black right now and it looks like the PC gray and tan version--shipping and handling included in price). Wish the U.S. Costco carried them.

Here's the listing for all the 3d Maxpider Universal cargo mats online sources I found. They are not widely sold:

*Part Catalog (different black pattern from gray and tan): 3D MAXpider Universal Cargo Liner (Cut To Fit)
*Walmart (in gray): https://www.walmart.com/ip/3D-MAXpi...iner-in-Gray-with-Carbon-Fiber-Look/334172240
*Costco Canada site (has black): Costco Wholesale

Catalog of their mats: https://www.carid.com/images/3d-maxpider/info/pdf/3dmaxpider-catalog.pdf It looks like the cargo mat liner will roll up for storage when you don't need to use it.

Here's a Youtube video I found of a 3D Maxpider cargo mat put in a 2018 Toyota Camry. Not a Universal mat that you cut but you'll be able to see the foldable, 4-sectioned pattern that looks similar to the one shown in black on Part Catalog's site for the Universal one.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RBowen
I ordered the Tuxmat Trunk Set. $250. They look like they will fit like a glove.

If I like them enough and they arrive before MaxPiders ( a long ways out for me) I might switch to all TuxMat. The TuxMats are growing on me.

One other issue with Tuxmat is the drivers mat looks like a chore to get out for cleaning.