Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 front USB ports no power and data w/direct wired

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I don’t know what to say, I was pretty happy that the new software upgrade fixed my autopilot calibration issue (New Model 3 autopilot calibration stuck at ~3% after 151 mixed miles), but then I found my front USB ports do not work, at all.

This is my first try on front USB ports since I picked up the car on last Sat (05/04), no charger cable came with the car so I used my own Apple charger cable. iPhone unlocked, tried both ports, no power. Did soft/hard system reset, no help. My charging cable must be good since the backseat USB ports working fine.

I am guessing the USB ports on my car are not wired correctly. Scheduled a new appointment with Tesla Service Center on Sat (I should not cancel my first appointment for the calibration issue), will update later.

IMG_4048.JPG

I almost missed my cables. They were in an inconspicuous little cardboard box (more of an envelope, really) inside the center console (the part under the arm rest), IIRC. I'd check all the storage spaces. Be sure to lift out the storage bin inside that center console, too.

It's also possible there's something quirky about the (one?) cable you tried that caused it to fail, perhaps just in conjunction with the Tesla's front USB ports. Trying another cable, especially if you can find Tesla's, is worth doing before you schlep in to the service center with your car.

Thanks. Yep I tried 5 different cables, Apple/Android, official one and third party one, none of them work. I did check all the storages inside the car, did not find the Tesla USB cables.

Well, that's unfortunate. FWIW, I had the same problem on my previous car (a 2017 Chevy Volt); it was delivered with completely non-functional USB ports. It took two trips to the dealership to fix it -- once for diagnosis and a second time for the actual repair, since they didn't have the parts in stock. I wish you better luck!

Issue fixed. I went to the service center today, they found a wire issue and was able to fix it. Walk-in service is really hard and that's a long story. Anyway, wasted entire day on this and the issue finally get fixed, hopefully this will be my last issue.

Wireless charger pad working pretty well, dashcam also works with USB drive.

Thanks all.

IMG_0045.jpg