Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW Model 3 Highland review!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good thing is, it's just a "refresh" of the existing car. Further good thing is, places like T-Sportline or Unplugged Performance will soon offer conversion kits to put the new front end on your old Model 3.
Deal breaker for me, as it was with the Model S, no stalks. Nope, still can't do it. Wanted the Cybertruck, but it's a deal breaker there too. And, for me personally, not having a driver instrument screen separate from the main screen has always been a deal breaker for me and still is.
Certainly looks nicer. Not in love with the lower portion of the front bumper. A vent or two for styling would have been nice, but still a huge improvement over the current Model 3 front end which I've hated since day one.
This won't make all the existing Model 3's outdated overnight as it's still the same basic car with some refreshed improvements, just like the Model S refresh.

Good thing is, it's just a "refresh" of the existing car. Further good thing is, places like T-Sportline or Unplugged Performance will soon offer conversion kits to put the new front end on your old Model 3.
Deal breaker for me, as it was with the Model S, no stalks. Nope, still can't do it. Wanted the Cybertruck, but it's a deal breaker there too. And, for me personally, not having a driver instrument screen separate from the main screen has always been a deal breaker for me and still is.
Certainly looks nicer. Not in love with the lower portion of the front bumper. A vent or two for styling would have been nice, but still a huge improvement over the current Model 3 front end which I've hated since day one.
This won't make all the existing Model 3's outdated overnight as it's still the same basic car with some refreshed improvements, just like the Model S refresh.
Just a refresh. Yeah 50% New parts is a typical car company basic refresh lol.

Just a refresh. Yeah 50% New parts is a typical car company basic refresh lol.
Which means 50% of it is the same! Wasn't criticizing. Geeze, I see people are still ultra-sensitive on this site! LOL. Was just saying, it's a good thing that the current Model 3 won't be quite so outdated once this comes out, which is a good thing. The Model S had suspension updates too, and an interior update, but still looks like a Model S, similar to the 2012 overall. The Model 3, still looks like the same general Model 3. With the refresh kits that will be offered, existing owners will be able to upgrade their cars to look current. That's a good thing. Yes, it's an improved car overall, of course it is. That's why it was refreshed. But, it's still a Model 3 and not a complete ground up new vehicle, which helps salvage resale values for existing owners. Again, A GOOD THING.

We also got a presentation on this popular french website.

They mentionned mainly the step improvement done on manufacturing quality (materials used, adjustments, sound insulation, etc.). Tesla finally seems to have listened their customers.

Battery/engine/powertrain seem unchanged (which on the other end are already some of the best available today)

Reactions: APotatoGod
now all the "old" model 3 owners: "hate it, ugly, old one looks better, no stalks" lol

from many who dont own any tesla, the new version is preferred simply by looks. old one just seems dated now, i mean its been like that since 2018, doesnt look sporty or sleek with the bulbous body and headlights making it look like a fish or a creature. the new headlights and tailights give it more of a sleek edgy look. although could have been better with more depth on lower part of front bumper with fogs, as is looks plain, but headlights are very welcomed.
then add all the new features, ambient lighting, increase range, better sound insulation better sound, etc etc. a $5K discount is not enough to warrant to buy the OLD 23 version over highland.

sorry those who just bought the 23, went from a new car to old in a matter of days

Would respect that answer from someone that just bought the old model. I see it as an incredible complete update ground up. Typically car companies add a cup holder and date to add 10% more cost. All these improvements at the same price is rather impressive.

no surprise on his response as other new 23 model owners are saying the same. i mean how would you feel you bought a brand new car with a brand new price tag instantly turn into and grouped with "the old model from 2018"

Reactions: APotatoGod
I am very against the yoke but I think the stalk thing is not a huge issue. Glad to see the horn is back where it should be unlike the Plaid where it's a capacitive button (for now). There's a lot I thought I would not like about my M3P but after owning it for 2.5 years I don't even know why I would want a gauge cluster as an example. I agree - probably something you get used to and then it's all fine although it will definitely hold back some buyers so it's a bit of a risk, but when they sell every one they make then I guess the risk isn't that risky.

On the gauge cluster thing, I would like a very small one, just like the after market ones for a couple of reasons. First is to have turn by turn navigation in front of me, Tesla navigation really feels lacking compared to even Apple maps on my phone. 2nd, is so that I can completely kill the centre screen at night and concentrate purely on the road ahead.

The risk is yet unknown on the stalk because we don't know how the market will react, they haven't sold any. It would have just been easier to leave the stalks.

I was waiting for this refresh to sell both of my Model 3 Performance and buy a new one.
Aside from the fact that we don't know what to expect from the new Performance (I hope it's going to be interesting!), this refresh is a bit of a downer to me.

I appreciate the more silent cabin the most, which is my main peeve with my cars.

Everything else is a bit meh to me.
Especially disappointing to me are the ventilated seats, I wanted cooled ones. I looked through the official pages in different languages, they seem to be simply ventilated.
The design upgrades are a matter of taste, since it's not a completely new model is more about how the new parts fit in the old shell. I guess we'll need some time and to see some on the road to get a proper feel for that.
The added range seems more like a press release-bonus than anything else. It is obviously very welcome, but I'll admit I have no issues with the range on both my current cars. The charging infrastructure is still great and I can't complain about it even on longer trips.

I will still put my two cars on the market, they've both had a good run with me and will bring a lot of joy to the next owners. As soon as they're both gone, I'll think of the future. Maybe the Performance will be available by then?

There is also a bioweapon defense icon, so I guess the model 3 now also comes with a HEPA filter?

IMG_3216.jpeg

A vent or two for 'styling'? Heaven forbid - we'll get to that horrible styling of so many newer cars littered with endless fake/closed off/too large/messy grilles
Style over substance....
Not for me

I think the old font bumper looks better

I am dating myself here. When I went to get my driver's license in1981 (yikes) My stepdad said I could take his car to do my test in. I almost failed the test because I could not figure out how to turn the bright and low beams on. All of my previous experiences had the high beam button on the floor near your left foot. I finally figured out it was done via a stalk on his new fangled car.

I am sure that I can adjust to them being on the wheel just as I did for the stalk.

Car was an El Camino. Looked like this one.

Attachments

• el camino.jpg
    el camino.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I don't like the pronounced chin on the new bumper. The front end looks very ev6ish to me. I'll hold off judgement on the lack of stalks until I try it. The removal of the wood makes the interior look bland. The contrast was nice. Leds can't replace that.

I really like the vented seats though.

I'm sure they'll sell millions so what do I know.

I am a little disappointed... After all this buzz, no new battery, no new motor. Range improvement (still waiting for the EPA numbers) is supposedly due to aerodynamism increase and new tires with less rolling resistance (will this affect the performance / handling? most likely...).

I like the updated steering and interior though, although the material look ''less luxury or fancy'' than the current gen with the nice wood trim.

I've calculated the WLTP difference between the 2023 and the 2024 in France and its 5% range increase more or less. We can therefore expect something like 560km (345mi) for the 2024 M3 LR AWD in North America which is still lower than the 2022 LR AWD that had roughly 576km (358mi)