Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW Model 3 Highland review!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there is no change to battery and motor but still there is a range increase. The overall body design remains the same with the exception of refreshed headlights and taillights. is Tesla software locking the range of its existing models ? Bought a new 2023 Y 2 months back and an extra 50 miles range would be wonderful :( !

On the gauge cluster thing, I would like a very small one, just like the after market ones for a couple of reasons. First is to have turn by turn navigation in front of me, Tesla navigation really feels lacking compared to even Apple maps on my phone. 2nd, is so that I can completely kill the centre screen at night and concentrate purely on the road ahead.

The risk is yet unknown on the stalk because we don't know how the market will react, they haven't sold any. It would have just been easier to leave the stalks.
No argument here other than all of that could and should be done with a heads-up display. That's the feature that's actually missing. Would allow them to keep the minimalist dash. I am kind of surprised it didn't show up.

I think there is no change to battery and motor but still there is a range increase. The overall body design remains the same with the exception of refreshed headlights and taillights. is Tesla software locking the range of its existing models ? Bought a new 2023 Y 2 months back and an extra 50 miles range would be wonderful :( !

It's not. Not for the Y and 3, at least. The range increase is due to enhanced aerodynamism on the car and new tires. The battery is alledgedly the same unfortunately

Reactions: APotatoGod
I got to say, I really like most of the interior updates and the rear bumper/taillights... but I'm not sold on the front end... yet. I may just need to see it in person, but I really like the Porsche-esq design of the current gen (Even if it does look a bit goofy at certain angles). I don't think it looks bad, just not exactly what I was expecting.

I will say... it will be super nice to have the new designs on the road if for nothing else than a bit of variety.

It's not. Not for the Y and 3, at least. The range increase is due to enhanced aerodynamism on the car and new tires. The battery is alledgedly the same unfortunately
Ah ok then that would make sense . I am pretty sure the Y refresh will be on the same lines next year same time. For me the most notable change was the ICE with rear screens. Hopefully Tesla will launch this rear screen as an add on accessory for existing owners . Also the model x and s is more properly priced now . Breaks my heart for those who bought it for 98k 2 months back though .

I am dating myself here. When I went to get my driver's license in1981 (yikes) My stepdad said I could take his car to do my test in. I almost failed the test because I could not figure out how to turn the bright and low beams on. All of my previous experiences had the high beam button on the floor near your left foot. I finally figured out it was done via a stalk on his new fangled car.

I am sure that I can adjust to them being on the wheel just as I did for the stalk.

Car was an El Camino. Looked like this one.

High beams buttons used to be on the floor? Wow.

The other day, my kid asked me what a clutch is. He read about it in a book.

High beams buttons used to be on the floor? Wow.

The other day, my kid asked me what a clutch is. He read about it in a book.
I had more fun driving a car with a stick than the automatics. That is how I grew up. Back in my country automatics are still pricey and most cars come with a stick. My vehicle did not even have a rpm meter . I used to shift based on engine sound . Gone are those days :) !

Well, the “redesign” and interior “changes” don’t make me want to get one; eliminating the stalks is a mistake, the yoke isn’t compulsory as it was on the MS or even an option, good.

The additional range? not really, as it’s been proven Tesla overestimates its range and this very website posted articles where the real range was 10 to 13% shorter than its official EPA, so maybe you’ll get what they were previously telling you.

Would it kill them to put an little dash in front of the driver? doesn’t need to be like the MS but something …

Also, it looks like the design was thought out to please the Asian markets, it looks like a BYD/Hyundai/Kia, no wonder it was launched in China first.

I think it looks nice. I hope they redesigned the a/c system and were able to eliminate the funk/smell that always seems to creep back too quickly. I am totally jealous of the vented seats; that would be really nice to have in Las Vegas.

Give the stalk-less Tesla's a chance. I own a Model S refresh w/o stalks, but have been driving a 2019 Model S loaner for the last month while mine's in for a repair.

I hate having to tell the car which direction I want to go when I get in. The stalk-less cars are VERY good at guessing which direction you want to go, and eliminating any need to touch the gear shift. Likewise, I've grown to like the turn signals on the steering wheel, they're closer to where your hands are naturally resting. Even my wife likes the driving experience of my car, and she's never cared about any car before.
Curious. How does the car know where you want to go when nav is not used? Also, how does it work on roundabouts? I really don't want to think about which button to press when the wheel is upside down... 😁

I know I'm not planning to change my car anytime soon, but I don't like the idea of no stalks, for now.

Maybe this is one of those things I could get used to eventually, but without any experience, it does look discouraging, just like the yoke.

Reactions: bay74 and XPsionic