Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 or Used? What do I have? What can i get with this purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I agree, there's some percentage that have a problem, there's an absolute ton of reasons cars get returned ....

They brought it home and their wife hated the color.
Or, they decided they wanted an M3P instead.
Or, they found out they couldn't install a charging station at their condo, and gave up.
Or, their kid's stroller doesn't fit in the trunk.
Or, the loan got de-funded ex-post-facto. (Crazy but happens.)
Or, bought the car, came home, found out wife was pregnant with quadruplets.
Or, got military overseas orders
Or, lost job day after signing for car

.... on and on it goes... so many crazy scenarios, absolutely none of which have to do with quality of the vehicle ...

All True. To be clear, I am not saying that everyone purchasing one of these cars is making a mistake. I am saying "I" wouldnt. My appetite for risk doesnt include all the wondering at why basically a brand new car is returned. All those reasons could be true, but I believe in Occam's razor when it comes to stuff like this, which we normally translate as something to the effect of " sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one"

An example on the wiki page for occams razor reads as such:
========================================
Example: Two trees have fallen down during a windy night. Think about these two possible explanations:

1. The wind has blown them down.
  2. Two meteorites have each taken one tree down and, after striking the trees, hit each other removing any trace of themselves
========================================

For me personally, when looking at a basically brand new car that was returned with very low miles, within the 7 day return period, the "simplest" answer is, there was a problem the first purchaser didnt want to deal with. All those other things and more could be true... but for "me" it would eat at me. Others are different.

that link does not work

there are many other issues on the paperwork

we got financing through tesla

on the bottom of the terms
there is a box not checked that shows a auto broker fee
this is not checked on a new vehicle per the language

one form says used, financing forms say new vehicle

dmv transfer and reassignment form is from tesla to us

very confusing

section 430 per the state has that big OR in it which says or registered with a state or federal agency

with everybody's input I still think there is a shot

The car did have autopilot active as well as Fog Lights

After several calls to tesla regarding software updates they sent version 10 this morning

It corrected many issues resulting from not having an update since may

both USB ports remain none operational

will have that looked at next week

Supercharged today

Enjoying the ride