Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 w/ $5,600 Discount from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have paid the deposit for, and have on hold directly from Tesla, the car below - a new 2018 Model 3 with FSD and the following upgrades: midnight silver exterior, white interior, and 19” wheels - all with a $5,600 discount from Tesla. It must be a showroom model or something for me to get the discount as it only has 50 miles on it (I will be the first owner so it still quailifies for the $3,750 tax credit).

The “catches” I believe are:
- it is a 2018 instead of 2019 (supposedly only difference being resale value in the future)
- it currently has 2.5 hardware (but supposedly Tesla will automatically upgrade the hardware to 3.0 for free when FSD features come out since I am already paying for FSD).
- I have to pay $2k to get it shipped to me, whereas a new “customized” vehicle doesn’t have shipping cost.

All in all, I’d love members’ opinions as to whether I should keep this one or release it and just get a new customized 2019 version. I wouldn’t be asking this question if I put a lot of value on the white interior and 19” wheels (I’m fine with these two features but I wouldn’t normally pay for them - they just happened to come with this discounted vehicle). If you take the $5,600 credit and subtract $2k for the shipping, $1,500 for the 19” wheels, and $1,000 for the white interior, it becomes only $1,000 cheaper than a 2019 customized Model 3 with midnight silver exterior, FSD, and without the wheel and interior upgrades... thoughts? By the way, I love this forum and really value all of the candid opinions I always receive.

Attachments

• EDC11CC8-F432-4BC0-B548-C8D73B1F83B4.png
    EDC11CC8-F432-4BC0-B548-C8D73B1F83B4.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 154
  • Love
Reactions: P85_DA and Brando
I have paid the deposit for, and have on hold directly from Tesla, the car below - a new 2018 Model 3 with FSD and the following upgrades: midnight silver exterior, white interior, and 19” wheels - all with a $5,600 discount from Tesla. It must be a showroom model or something for me to get the discount as it only has 50 miles on it (I will be the first owner so it still quailifies for the $3,750 tax credit).

The “catches” I believe are:
- it is a 2018 instead of 2019 (supposedly only difference being resale value in the future)
- it currently has 2.5 hardware (but supposedly Tesla will automatically upgrade the hardware to 3.0 for free when FSD features come out since I am already paying for FSD).
- I have to pay $2k to get it shipped to me, whereas a new “customized” vehicle doesn’t have shipping cost.

All in all, I’d love members’ opinions as to whether I should keep this one or release it and just get a new customized 2019 version. I wouldn’t be asking this question if I put a lot of value on the white interior and 19” wheels (I’m fine with these two features but I wouldn’t normally pay for them - they just happened to come with this discounted vehicle). If you take the $5,600 credit and subtract $2k for the shipping, $1,500 for the 19” wheels, and $1,000 for the white interior, it becomes only $1,000 cheaper than a 2019 customized Model 3 with midnight silver exterior, FSD, and without the wheel and interior upgrades... thoughts? By the way, I love this forum and really value all of the candid opinions I always receive.

AWD didn't become available until August of 2018, so you don't have to worry about this being a super early build with the older style seats. Our AWD is one of the first ones and it's been fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate to get the one you're looking at, at the price they're asking.

Ask if this includes “lifetime” free connectivity. That was a perk that went away between AWD release in the early summer and Mid-Range release in the early fall. I don’t know if that is tied to build date or order date but it might play into your decision.

Personally I’m a believer in getting what you want. That being said, I purchased an inventory model which wasn’t the color I wanted (midnight silver but wanted white) but it was a pretty big discount. As previously noted, federal tax credit is going down after June 30 so that’s another 1875 that you would be paying later.

White interior looks great, at least in MS and I’ve had many compliments so I don’t think you will be disappointed. Bigger wheels are always a plus to me too but that’s just me. I say go for it!

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and Brando
I’m getting 60,600 with destination for a 2019 with the same build.

So roughly $3600 savings for this car once you have it shipped to you

It’s an ok deal, not great in my opinion.

I would suggest getting ahold of a inside sales person at Tesla in Fremont. They can probably find you a similar deal closer to you where you won’t have to pay the $2000 shipping

I would suggest getting ahold of a inside sales person at Tesla in Fremont. They can probably find you a similar deal closer to you where you won’t have to pay the $2000 shipping
You are exactly right. They are telling me I can pick it up if I want. I have to drive 8 hours for work next week in this direction, so maybe I tack on an extra 4 and pick it up myself.

You are exactly right. They are telling me I can pick it up if I want. I have to drive 8 hours for work next week in this direction, so maybe I tack on an extra 4 and pick it up myself.
Also, it was an inside sales person that showed this one to me...

Personally I’m a believer in getting what you want. That being said, I purchased an inventory model which wasn’t the color I wanted (midnight silver but wanted white) but it was a pretty big discount. As previously noted, federal tax credit is going down after June 30 so that’s another 1875 that you would be paying later.

White interior looks great, at least in MS and I’ve had many compliments so I don’t think you will be disappointed. Bigger wheels are always a plus to me too but that’s just me. I say go for it!
I’m told I can still order a new one in the next couple of days and get it by June 30. My neighbor got his 6 days after ordering.

Wow. You learn something new every day. I had assumed that was an automatic feature that always lasted on Teslas? What is the normal term of connectivity now and do you have any idea what you pay for it afterwards?

Pricing hasn’t been divulged by Tesla yet, but there were discussions about $100/year, which is more than fair compared to what some other car companies charge for connectivity features. So far all Model 3 owners are still in the free data period.