Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S 90D owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I have a Bosch charger equipped with a Tesla connector.

In my opinion it is worthwhile to have a Tesla plug whether the Tesla Connector or a Tesla cord on a different charger. When spending all the money, having the Tesla interface with no adapter makes the whole process slightly easier. Is it financially justifiable? Yes, if you also can afford it and value simplicity. No, if you don't mind adapters.

How did you manage that? I'm using a juicebox with the adaptor and would love to get a straight Tesla plug connected.

How did you manage that? I'm using a juicebox with the adaptor and would love to get a straight Tesla plug connected.
I got mine from EverCharge, which is the third party doing EV stations in my building, they deploy Bosch equipment and bought the plugs from Tesla. I do not know how to do it directly but it should be possible, to e connection is simple.

Reactions: MacGreiner
For coatings, if you don't want xpel (I did at least have xpel done on that bug catcher of a flat front), I highly recommend gtechniq Crystal serum if you can find someone authorized to apply, although in your area it shouldn't be too hard. It's guaranteed for 7 years, and dirt just doesn't stick to it. I had cquartz finest on my first S, and it was good but only lasts about 2 years. opticoat pro I think lasts a few years longer.

Whatever you choose, get some C2V3, and every so often apply a coat diluted 1:3 (product: water). Keep some 1:6 in the car as a detail spray. I love this stuff!

I'm about to arrange it. Should I buy the Tesla Wall connector or just have a NEMA 15-50 installed in my garage?

I already had a 14-50 on the wall (15-50??) and it is well able to charge the car overnight, so I leave full every morning. My vote is for the outlet. Why spend extra money, extra electrician's fees (where I live I can put the outlet in myself and did so for my daughter's house) and have to worry about where to stick a 100 amp circuit breaker and the larger wiring?

For coatings, if you don't want xpel (I did at least have xpel done on that bug catcher of a flat front), I highly recommend gtechniq Crystal serum if you can find someone authorized to apply, although in your area it shouldn't be too hard. It's guaranteed for 7 years, and dirt just doesn't stick to it. I had cquartz finest on my first S, and it was good but only lasts about 2 years. opticoat pro I think lasts a few years longer.

Whatever you choose, get some C2V3, and every so often apply a coat diluted 1:3 (product: water). Keep some 1:6 in the car as a detail spray. I love this stuff!
I have Gtechniq Chrystal Serum on my S. It is perfect today as it was 2 1/2 years ago. I leave the car in my garage with a Tesla cover when not in use, so that may help. I use window cleaner to remove the bugs, but water may do nearly as well. I also have 3M on windows that reduces glare effectively.

Some protective cover seems to me to be cheap protection, so I have been using one or another for a long time.

I got Crystal Serum Lite. My installer said it performs just as well as the non-lite but its warranty is only 2 years. They feel it will last a lot longer but it was also way cheaper to get applied. They put on on top of my XPEL.
Yeah, that stuff ain't cheap. If it wasn't my second Tesla and I hadn't sent a bunch of other Teslas to my detailer so he gave me a HUGE discount, I'd probably be doing Zaino in my driveway. o_O

Reactions: croman
My garage setup. Bought an extra portable charger with long cable.
f251071d102620aaa1ea6f3be72d9934.jpg
That is the cleanest Garage Ive ever SEEN!!!

Agreed. I'm in town this week and next week and actually took my car in for some warranty work. Was given a S75D which has cruise control, but NOT TACC or autopilot. Note: I discovered it is regular cruise control and not TACC when the car would not slow down when overtaking the car in front of me. It is amazing how much I use TACC and/or autopilot on my typical driving (I-66, routes 28, 29 and 50). You will absolutely LOVE your car and your daily commute out to Dulles. Once you get comfortable with autopilot, you'll use it in everything from highway speeds to bumper-to-bumper stop and go traffic and trust it as it navigates between the two as we so often have on highways around DC. You just need to get a sense for if it is reacting and slowing correctly or not so you can take control if it isn't for some reason.

This is my experience too. I do the eastern route 270 and 95. As soon as get out of local streets autopilot goes on and I don't disengage until I take the offramp in Bmore. I only wish there was a 0.5 car distance setting to stop the the aggressive loud exhaust types from dropping in on me all the time.