Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Model X lighted applique in operation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lighted Applique install is scheduled for this Saturday10/07/2017. Location : Maryland House Super Charger: Start time 10:00/10;30AM. I'll have a sample of the new lighted rear "T" for the model "S". This is a weather event should it rain the install
is canceled.

@zackmilo once you have the appliqué installed you can add the rear "T". The color wires that you would be interested in are: Black for ground, Yellow are the running lights and Blue for the stop lights. Our rear "T" come with Black, Yellow and Blue wires, all you have to do is match up the colors going to the controller. You also only have to drill one hole instead of two.

Last Saturday did a lighted appliqué install at the Maryland House super charger. Getting the car prepped for the install of the wires is always the easy part. The difficulty is finding a constant on 12 volts in the back of the trunk. Looks like Tesla now turns off the 12 volt power to the 12 volt line that we used in the past.

@HankLloydRight , I was looking at this thread to try to find where to get 12v for the lighted T for my X that just arrived and I saw I never answered your question about the plate. Although my vanity plate looks like just and X, it is actually XLU because the 2 vertical letters on the side for Lehigh University are part of it. So with a special interest group like Lehigh, it is usually pretty easy to get whatever plate you want. Now back to trying to find out where that 12v line is...

tony

@HankLloydRight , I was looking at this thread to try to find where to get 12v for the lighted T for my X that just arrived and I saw I never answered your question about the plate. Although my vanity plate looks like just and X, it is actually XLU because the 2 vertical letters on the side for Lehigh University are part of it. So with a special interest group like Lehigh, it is usually pretty easy to get whatever plate you want. Now back to trying to find out where that 12v line is...

tony

Interesting. Thanks! Do automatic plate readers pick up the "LU" part of the plate?