Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW MODEL Y 18 inch at Tsportline?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While it’s true that it will be bumpy and noisy, it should vary by how much.

The biggest issue of this is, it’s highly subjective from person to person over what is acceptable.

So, in reality, only each person can determine for themselves if the change is beneficial or not, or by how much.
I agree. But, this is 3 grand experiment. I’d rather get some input first.

I ordered my Y with the 20" induction wheels because of the look however when I put on aftermarket 19" winter wheels I noticed a good improvement in ride comfort. This prompted me order a set of 18" wheels for summer wheels which once again improved the already better ride of the 19".

When I ordered the S, I did not even think about upgrading the stock 19" wheels. If you prefer looks over comfort then by all means go with the biggest wheels if this is what floats your boat. Personally I think the 18s look great on the Y.

I looked up the RTX part number you used on your car, and a set of four from Discount Tire here in the US is just over $1k (picked up at the store).
Sounds like you got a great price!

I am located in Canada so the pricing I gave was from here. I checked and they have gone up a bit to around $700 US after conversion then again currency exchange does fluctuate. RTX Spider 082734

They do deliver to the US, maybe try putting in your address and see if its reasonable?

Early 2022 I bought another RTX spider set albeit 19" for my MS winter wheels, those were $199 CAD at the time and did include free delivery.

Not often things are cheaper in Canada vs the US, guess this is one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daekwan and Ray_R
I am located in Canada so the pricing I gave was from here. I checked and they have gone up a bit to around $700 US after conversion then again currency exchange does fluctuate. RTX Spider 082734

They do deliver to the US, maybe try putting in your address and see if its reasonable?

Early 2022 I bought another RTX spider set albeit 19" for my MS winter wheels, those were $199 CAD at the time and did include free delivery.

Not often things are cheaper in Canada vs the US, guess this is one of them.
Do you know if these RTX will fit 23' MYP?

I think M3P has 70.X bore and 18" RTX is not a perfect fit. Only TSportline 18"s are the perfect fit for M3P. Someone on this thread had posted about it.
Guys, there is a fitment guide on the link to the RTX I posted, I punched in M3 and M3P which shows these do fit which means the 3 and Y have the same wheel fitment.

Use the stock lug nuts and put on some of those black plastic caps and centre caps.

Last edited:
I can confirm. I mounted RTX Spider 18" wheels with Michelin Pilot A/S 4 on my 2023 MYP. No clearance issues for the performance break calipers. Was able to use OEM nut lugs and added nut lugs covers (from amazon).

RTX Wheels - $799 (Canadian seller from Ebay, including tax and shipping)
Michelin Tires - $885 (Discount tires on ebay, with $200 promo, including tax and shipping)
Lug nut covers - $18 (amazon, shipped)
Tesla OEM TPMS - $160 (Ebay, shipped)
Tire mounting/balancing - $88 (Discount Tires)

Total: $1951

The TSS wheels seem to be identical in every way to the RTX Spiders I have been using for a couple of years now. Both are flow forged, have the same offset and even the same load ratings. I would almost swear they came from the same factory. Only difference is the price and centre cap that I can see.

The RTX can be had for $611 USD for a set of 4 delivered whereas Tsportline TSS are $1600 for a set of 4, not sure if this includes delivery. Can you explain why I should pay close to $1,000 more for what I can only assume is somehow a vastly superior product? What makes them worth so much more?

I have the RTX Spiders in a 19" format for my winter wheels on both the Y and the S by the way. Very pleased with them. Considering going 18" on the Y for better comfort as opposed to the 20" Inductions for my summer set.

Here are the RTX Spider

Here are the Tsportline TSS
Where are you finding the spiders for that price? I'm about to pickup a set!

I can confirm. I mounted RTX Spider 18" wheels with Michelin Pilot A/S 4 on my 2023 MYP. No clearance issues for the performance break calipers. Was able to use OEM nut lugs and added nut lugs covers (from amazon).

RTX Wheels - $799 (Canadian seller from Ebay, including tax and shipping)
Michelin Tires - $885 (Discount tires on ebay, with $200 promo, including tax and shipping)
Lug nut covers - $18 (amazon, shipped)
Tesla OEM TPMS - $160 (Ebay, shipped)
Tire mounting/balancing - $88 (Discount Tires)

Total: $1951
Where did you get the lug nut covers and what are they?