Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y broken

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Got the car back just now. Overall, I am happy, even with the wait. They drove the car about 100 miles of testing (dropped off with 140 miles and picked up with 240 miles on it). The error message is gone.

They fixed a rattle and did not fix another common complaint, which you guys may be interested in hearing.

The electrical error repair. Did they just replace everything in the car? Or was it really the PCS? It reads like the replaced everything under the car:
Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 5.47.28 PM.png

When going over bumps, there was a rattle in the rear of the car. I tested and they did fix it! Here is what they did:
Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 5.47.39 PM.png

However, I tried to get them to fix the black trim that is around the wheels that is not connected/aligned. Here is what they said when they attempted the repair and the photos of the car.
Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 5.47.49 PM.png

The Gap:
Image from iOS (7).jpg

The other side of the wheel well without a gap.
Image from iOS (8).jpg

I read it as they just replaced the PCS system. To see which actual parts they use look at the parts. my guess with the fitament issue is that one side is ok and the other is out of spec (clearly) be specific the right side is not aligned properly and attach pics. That’s something a mobile tech can easily take care of. The nice part of that is it’s in your driveway so you can personally point it out. I’d recommend making that appt right away. Post a pic of only the bad side when sibmittting it. Or split pic and show correct side and bad side clearly labeled.

Did they just replace everything in the car? Or was it really the PCS? It reads like the replaced everything under the car:

Reads to me like they only replaced the PCS (charger and 12V supply?). It is internal to the HV pack in the penthouse accessible under the rear seats.

The wheel trim may be properly attached, but an out of spec part.

Glad to hear your Y is working again. I would definitely ask them to fix the wheel well trim, since I don’t have any gaps on my blue MY. My service center adjusted a misaligned black trim below the left rear door window with no problem.

Just curious — what software version were you updated to?