Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y Owner: Are these worthy a service request?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks in advance for the feedbacks. Took delivery of MY yesterday out of Indianapolis. Since I'm still within the first 100 miles is it worth having Tesla look at the following issues?

1. I noticed a small paint imperfection on the tip of the hatch door spoiler. I try to clean it off but can't. Is it worth to have them look at it? When I run my finger across it it still feels smooth but if I use my finger nail then I can feel the imperfection. See pic.
2. The panel below the tail light on the passenger said has a much bigger gap compare to the other side, which has a much tighter fit. See pic.
3. Clicking sound when trying to pull down the second row arm rest. I can pull it down just fine but it makes two clicks.
4. Front row passenger side door hard to close.
PXL_20230401_195022072.jpg
PXL_20230401_184507119.jpg

I would say learn to enjoy the car, it won't be prefect. I would not trust the the service center with paint or panels unless it was in an accident, you can read to many horror stories about them being made much worse.
Thanks! Another thing. Would this seal be a cause for concern? Just don't want water to get through down the road.

Attachments

• PXL_20230401_224049627.jpg
    PXL_20230401_224049627.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 76
Thanks! Another thing. Would this seal be a cause for concern? Just don't want water to get through down the road.
Does it make wind noise or leak? If it does then yea they might need to replace your window regulator. If not it does look a little misalightned but prob not worth the trip. If you go and look at a parking lot of Model Y's you will se that none of them are perfect and many have a few small misalignments and such.