Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Multi - Pattern Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was playing around with the Model S configurator as I often do, and I found that the new "Textile" Multi-Pattern seats seem to be the same design as the leather premium seats. It looks to be the same thickness and fabric pattern.

The reason I choose the multi-pattern seats when I ordered my S a few months back is because the textile seats where thinner in my opinion and gave me slightly more head room (i am 6'3" 260). It is also more comfortable to sit in for extended periods.

For once, this is a change that I am kind of happy I missed out on.

Old Seats

screen shot 2015-06-18 at 4.27.37 pm.jpg

New Seats

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 12.55.50 PM.png

Premium Seats

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 12.55.26 PM.png

Actually upon further investigation, Those premium multi-pattern seats are available for the "P" series vehicles, but they now have a leather version of the seats I like for the non "P" vehicles. Now I am upset I didn't have this option when I purchase my car. Oh well.

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 12.55.09 PM.png

From what I've read elsewhere, recently the 60 can get the leather seats that existed before the Next-Gen seats came out. They are not an option for anything above the 60. It saves you $100. I have them in my 2013 P85+ but I prefer the Next-Gen seats (which I had in a loaner once).

I have a car on order due late January with the textile seats. Anyone know if this is likely to have the old textile seats or the new ones? I wanted textile seats but preferred the side supports of the NextGens, so if the NextGen shape is available with the textile surface that is perfect for me. I would happily pay the $500 to make the change, but obviously would be great if I can expect the new seats anyway without paying the $500.