Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orlando, FL - West Sand Lake Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found Tesla’s newest Supercharger location coming soon in Orlando.

@ Wawa Sand Lake Rd and Universal Blvd.

6500 W Sand Lake Rd, Orlando, FL 32819

Superchargers are due to arrive later today, per construction team on site. You can see the power packs in the photos and the spots where the Superchargers are going.

This location is not on the future Tesla Supercharger map and I just submitted to Supercharge.info
389EECE0-6D7E-4351-845C-A4BF4F2D3EE4.jpeg
9ABDAC4B-3438-47A7-8DAC-17E2652613AC.jpeg

New Super Charger location is strategically the best location for visitors to Orlando. Just off I-4 (exit 74A) on West Sand Lake Road at a fairly new and well maintained Wawa. Centrally located between Universal Studios, Walt Disney World and Sea World. Orlando Eye is less than a mile south on Universal Blvd. As for shopping, Orlando International Premium Outlet/Outdoor World are just up the road. Lots of Tesla owners who live west in Dr. Phillips, Bay Hill and Isleworth, will take advantage of this SC.

This is the I-4 exit to take if you are coming from the North (turnpike exit is just over a mile north) to get to WDW instead of going down to the Lake Buena Vista (or beyond) exit. I-4 essentially stops moving once you pass the Sand Lake Road exit heading I-4 West (South). Super charge here then head west on Sand Lake Road.

Big decision to make. You can continue on till it dead ends on Apopka-Vineland Road. Once you pass I-4 you are now on Restaurant Row. Keep heading west and you will pass some of the best dining in Orlando: Eddie V's Prime Seafood, Rocco's Tacos, Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Roy's and my favorite Bravo! Dellagio. Pick up some groceries at Trader Joe's. Head South on Apopka-Vineland (4 lane road) to Hotel Plaza Blvd. which takes you to Disney Springs or continue on to the various parks.

Or you can leave SC heading west and turn left onto Turkey Lake Road, first light as you pass under I-4. Head south. Whole Foods, restaurants (e.g. Five Guys) and shopping on your left. Walmart on right about 3/4 mile down. Road name changes to Palm Parkway. This is the best back entrance to the Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets (turn left on Daryl Carter Parkway). You can stay straight, road name changes again to CR 535 and use a back entrance to WDW or turn left on Apopka-Vineland and make your first right onto Hotel Plaza Blvd (Disney Springs).

Last edited:
Found Tesla’s newest Supercharger location coming soon in Orlando.

@ Wawa Sand Lake Rd and Universal Blvd.

6500 W Sand Lake Rd, Orlando, FL 32819

Superchargers are due to arrive later today, per construction team on site. You can see the power packs in the photos and the spots where the Superchargers are going.

This location is not on the future Tesla Supercharger map and I just submitted to Supercharge.info

Thanks, great detective work!

This location probably corresponds to a "Coming Soon" Supercharger Station shown on the Tesla Find Us map.

Orlando, FL

Tesla only sets the location pins on the name label on the map. In this case it was the label "Orlando".

Now we need to find the "Coming Soon" Altamont Springs and Celebration Supercharger Stations in the Orlando area.

Larry

New Super Charger location is strategically the best location for visitors to Orlando. Just off I-4 (exit 74A) on West Sand Lake Road at a fairly new and well maintained Wawa. Centrally located between Universal Studios, Walt Disney World and Sea World. Orlando Eye is less than a mile south on Universal Blvd. As for shopping, Orlando International Premium Outlet/Outdoor World are just up the road. Lots of Tesla owners who live west in Dr. Phillips, Bay Hill and Isleworth, will take advantage of this SC.

This is the I-4 exit to take if you are coming from the North (turnpike exit is just over a mile north) to get to WDW instead of going down to the Lake Buena Vista (or beyond) exit. I-4 essentially stops moving once you pass the Sand Lake Road exit heading I-4 West (South). Super charge here then head west on Sand Lake Road.

Big decision to make. You can continue on till it dead ends on Apopka-Vineland Road. Once you pass I-4 you are now on Restaurant Row. Keep heading west and you will pass some of the best dining in Orlando: Eddie V's Prime Seafood, Rocco's Tacos, Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Roy's and my favorite Bravo! Dellagio. Pick up some groceries at Trader Joe's. Head South on Apopka-Vineland (4 lane road) to Hotel Plaza Blvd. which takes you to Disney Springs or continue on to the various parks.

Or you can leave SC heading west and turn left onto Turkey Lake Road, first light as you pass under I-4. Head south. Whole Foods, restaurants (e.g. Five Guys) and shopping on your left. Walmart on right about 3/4 mile down. Road name changes to Palm Parkway. This is the best back entrance to the Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets (turn left on Daryl Carter Parkway). You can stay straight, road name changes again to CR 535 and use a back entrance to WDW or turn left on Apopka-Vineland and make your first right onto Hotel Plaza Blvd (Disney Springs).

Thanks for the overview. Here's a vicinity map:

Orlando Supercharger Vicinity.png

Larry

Poor choice of words. When I posted that the “big white power boxes” had been delivered, but not the individual stalls which were delivered the next day. No power packs as in batteries seen...
Thanks again.

Yes, the white boxes are Supercharger cabinets. If there are 8 charging terminals there should be 4 Supercharger cabinets. There also should be at least two high-voltage switch gear cabinets that will be delivered. They are usually General Electric and are gray in color.

In the green tree space, probably along West Sand Lake Road, keep an eye out for green utility transformers in the future.

Larry

Last edited:
Those large conduit with the no trespassing sign are probably where the transformer goes. So we are waiting on the utility company. Thanks for the pics!
Hi Jim,

That's correct. The utility has to pull the primary cable to those large conduits, set the concrete pad for the utility transformer, set the transformer and run secondary cable from the transformer to the the switch gear through the smaller conduits and install the meter in the meter cabinet.

Larry