Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner buying a used MS questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the great advice everyone. Its been a crazy first week of ownership and enjoying every trip !
I will certainly ask about ccs/v3 upgrade.
I also had an issue twice this week whereby the energy meter on the dash and the trip computers were stuck and only a infotainement reboot solved it. Somewhere i read i might need to factory reset or could be initial signs of the dreaded mcu1 mmc chip failure?
Also an update on supercharging. Battery preconditioned i get 70kw (on a v2 charger on my own, not shared) when i am at 23% battery left. This then slowly drops from 70 to 50 as it charges (23% to 50%) then it just drops slowly from 50kw at 50% to 18kw when i stop at 85% charge. The whole process is longer than i hoped though so will certainly have a chat with tesla Bristol about this.

Report your display and energy meter playing up, they should agree to fix your MCU (big screen) as there’s a recall for it. Sadly I think your charging is what it is but no harm in asking and maybe they’ll push the latest software update. The CCS update is a few hundred, it will give you a lot more flexibility. Have that and the MCU memory done and I think I you’ll be pleased

Report your display and energy meter playing up, they should agree to fix your MCU (big screen) as there’s a recall for it. Sadly I think your charging is what it is but no harm in asking and maybe they’ll push the latest software update. The CCS update is a few hundred, it will give you a lot more flexibility. Have that and the MCU memory done and I think I you’ll be pleased
Hiya, thanks! Does the ccs upgrade mean i can no longer use podpoint type2 chargers? And will it be compatible with my dual chargers?
I have opened a service ticket via the app stating the freezing issue. How does this work? As i was only offered a service technician visit with a date and time slot. I couldnt select to take the car to a centre. Do they make a start checking the issue remotely before the appointment? Or do they just come out ?
What difference would i notice with the ccs? And i checked i am on the latest available software, or are you talking about a different system software update?
Thanks.

Hiya, thanks! Does the ccs upgrade mean i can no longer use podpoint type2 chargers? And will it be compatible with my dual chargers?
I have opened a service ticket via the app stating the freezing issue. How does this work? As i was only offered a service technician visit with a date and time slot. I couldnt select to take the car to a centre. Do they make a start checking the issue remotely before the appointment? Or do they just come out ?
What difference would i notice with the ccs? And i checked i am on the latest available software, or are you talking about a different system software update?
Thanks.

The CCS update includes a separate adapter that fits into your existing (type 2) charge port on your car. The CCS lead/plug then fits into that. It just means you can use either of type 2 or CCS whichever is available.

As already mentioned, other than at Superchargers, CCS will usually offer a faster rate than a type 2 connection so CCS would be the preference if both were available. At a Tesla supercharger it makes no difference, as the limitation is your car not the connector.

The CCS update costs £280 and is definitely worth having if you are doing substantial mileage. The mobile service engineers will fit it at your home and it only takes a couple of hours. See the bottom of this page - Supercharging

Hi,
I was in the same position a couple of months ago when I bought a 2016 Model S.
The app had a glitch and I couldn’t upload all of my details. Phoned customer service and they told me to email [email protected] with a copy of my drivers licence, a proof of purchase and the gov.uk confirmation of owner. I did this and they added the car to my account straight away, I didn’t receive my V5 until many days later.
Free supercharging- I was told (but didn’t try for myself) that it recognises the car and not the owner. No idea if this is true.
What was the "gov.uk confirmation of owner" you mentioned? Did the dealer have to do that?