Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner of Used 2015 Model S in North Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I recently purchased a used 2015 Model S 85d and live in Lewisville, TX. I wanted to introduce myself and see if there were and local MS owners out there. I drove the car all the way back from The Woodlands, TX and found myself in a pickle. I had to drive to the Huntsville supercharger and then to Corsicana to make it home. I could have charged at my other property since I have an RV hookup, but the previous owner did not leave the NEMA 14-50. I purchased one online off ebay, but will not be receiving it until next week. Any local owners willing to let me borrow the adapter for a week. I have another long drive back this weekend and I want to be able to charge at my other property. Or is there an option of purchasing a 14-30 at the service center so I can stop by an RV park? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hello All,

I recently purchased a used 2015 Model S 85d and live in Lewisville, TX. I wanted to introduce myself and see if there were and local MS owners out there. I drove the car all the way back from The Woodlands, TX and found myself in a pickle. I had to drive to the Huntsville supercharger and then to Corsicana to make it home. I could have charged at my other property since I have an RV hookup, but the previous owner did not leave the NEMA 14-50. I purchased one online off ebay, but will not be receiving it until next week. Any local owners willing to let me borrow the adapter for a week. I have another long drive back this weekend and I want to be able to charge at my other property. Or is there an option of purchasing a 14-30 at the service center so I can stop by an RV park? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I'm not close to you so can't help with the loaner adapter. I hope that whatever you bought on eBay is what you needed.

While the NEMA 14-30 adapter might be a good thing to have, it will NOT help you in an RV park. The outlet referred to as "30 amp" in an RV park us a TT-30 plug, which supplies 30 amps of 120V power, enough to charge your car at a whopping 9 miles per hour of charging. NEMA 14-30 ia a 240V outlet used mostly for clothes dryers.

• Informative
Reactions: vrykolas