Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys finally got my M3 today and super excited! few questions tho, I hope some of you would be patient enough to answer.

- I noticed that there is some kind of fluid leaking from underneath the front part of the car. is this normal?

- also where can you see what month your car was made?

thanks guys!

If the fluid is clear water and you had your AC on it's likely just from the AC. I know when I was at one of the stores when the had the Model 3 on display they told us not to turn on the AC because they didn't have a drain in the showroom and they didn't want people slipping on the water.

Drivers door area when open?

Congrats on the new car. Hope to have mine Saturday.

If the fluid is clear water and you had your AC on it's likely just from the AC. I know when I was at one of the stores when the had the Model 3 on display they told us not to turn on the AC because they didn't have a drain in the showroom and they didn't want people slipping on the water.

Drivers door area when open?

Congrats on the new car. Hope to have mine Saturday.

thank you!! will have to look at the color of the fluid. it looked a little yellow but it could have been because of the cement. Good luck! call a day before to make sure its ready.

thank you!! will have to look at the color of the fluid. it looked a little yellow but it could have been because of the cement. Good luck! call a day before to make sure its ready.

99% sure it's condensation from the AC. Mine does it too.

P.S. I lived in Loma Linda back during the late 70s. Nice to see some representation here on TMC. :)

Look in the jamb of the driver door. The build date (month and year, not exact date) is listed there. If you just got your Model 3 there’s a good chance it was built earlier this month.

Yeah, on Monday when we were contacted we were told we could do so on Saturday. Still no quote on the trade-in, no answer to email or phone calls. No appointment time. We're paying cash but don't have any instructions on how we go about doing this and sure as heck don't want to pay without assurance our car is there and deliverable. Doubt I'm getting my car this weekend but what it's only Wednesday. Perturbed.

BTW this morning finally received an email from our second contact person on this scheduled delivery and were told that production now says they don't have our car and he'll let us know when one becomes available again. Last night we confirmed our funds were all transferred from our stock account to our banking account to arrange for payment this weekend, and no car. Second time contacted to arrange for delivery asap according to them. yeah, right. I wish I knew what was happening to my car order and was given a definitive date and time they can actually deliver it. Our Model S purchase last year went really smooth.

BTW this morning finally received an email from our second contact person on this scheduled delivery and were told that production now says they don't have our car and he'll let us know when one becomes available again. Last night we confirmed our funds were all transferred from our stock account to our banking account to arrange for payment this weekend, and no car. Second time contacted to arrange for delivery asap according to them. yeah, right. I wish I knew what was happening to my car order and was given a definitive date and time they can actually deliver it. Our Model S purchase last year went really smooth.
oh so sorry about that!!! aaarrrgghhh that is so frustrating. hopefully they deliver your car soon!

oh so sorry about that!!! aaarrrgghhh that is so frustrating. hopefully they deliver your car soon!

Thanks me too! I'm afraid they have depleted their white model 3 inventory that I spec'd and who knows how long it will be before that config gets worked on by GA again. Saw an article that the multicoat cars are apparently the hardest ones they produce with fewest problems and Elon was quoted as saying if it wasn't right they would even remake the car. I know they are looking to hire more people at the factory for the handling of deliveries and some new heads were hired to over see this across the country and it probably is reflected in this in part. I was given a Sept-Nov time frame so when they contacted us twice in August for delivery I was pretty excited that I would be a little early. After what we've been through, the excitement about delivery has faded and probably won't return until I'm actually driving it home.

So was the fluid clear? you never said.