Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New pictures from The Cybertruck forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[UPDATE -- corrected images that didn't cut-n-paste correctly]

It's a little triangular on the ends and rectangular in the center.
Front inside lip of 1.5"-2"?

Video link (URL) work? ie. video. twimg. com -- right-click change playback speed to x0.25

rD8uZN2.jpg

Ford F150 Lightning EV
>>>>>>>>>>>
The Ford F-150 Lightning's frunk has 14.1 cubic feet (400 L) of space and a 400-pound weight limit. This is the largest frunk of any car in America. The frunk's opening is nearly the width of the F-150 Lightning itself, making it easier to slide stuff into than a conventional trunk.
Here are some things you can fit in the frunk:
  • Golf clubs: Two sets of golf clubs fit easily in the frunk
  • Luggage: Three medium-sized pieces of luggage fit in the frunk
  • Cement: Eight sacks of ready-mix cement fit in the frunk
The frunk's dimensions are roughly 54" wide, 30" deep, and 20"-25" in height.
<<<<<<<<<
Ford mega-frunk.
Other company really really understand the users physical interface to the vehicles.

Z24JwRz.jpg

Chevrolet Silverado EV
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
~9 cubic feet (255 L)
<<<<<<<<<<<<
6qB0uiY.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: FLRifleman
Those graphics are very useful, I think I'll get some colored tape and do that to my CT when it arrives. Make it easier to explain to people that the dashboard isn't too big, the windshield is just steeply angled for aero
Fixed the pictures in the post right above that. Crazy impressive to me how Ford managed to create a huge (mega) frunk in their AWD truck. Looking forward to the designer of the Ford T3 at BlueOval.

BTW, the Rivian was able to get 0.30 Cd (YT vid) even with their older truck style by using aero tricks.

Frunk is smaller after the CyberTruck redesign to reduce vehicle length. Allows it to fit in more garages.

Room for +50 sets of clubs in the bed :)
isn't the CyberTruck pretty much exact same length +/- an inch or two compared to the F150 Lightning?

i think the answer is that they never really planned for a frunk at unveil years ago and then got caught by surprise when Ford unveiled that monster of a frunk and GM is doing the same with Silverado / Sierra EV.... so back to the drawing board at Tesla and figuring out how much of a frunk they can force into the design...

Tesla is no doubt the first company with the so called Frunk and they've so much data how useful/much of it being used by customers. I own M3 since 2018 & 2020 MY but barely use the Frunk. Now it seems like EV with no Frunk is not being attractive or engineered well enough. There'll be an argument that CT with big trunk will be no brainer for utility purpose but we know majority of the pick up truck is just for commute.

Tesla is no doubt the first company with the so called Frunk and they've so much data how useful/much of it being used by customers. I own M3 since 2018 & 2020 MY but barely use the Frunk. Now it seems like EV with no Frunk is not being attractive or engineered well enough. There'll be an argument that CT with big trunk will be no brainer for utility purpose but we know majority of the pick up truck is just for commute.
See what Ford and Chevolet are demonstrating with all the plugs in their Frunks and functionality (drain plugs, trays, separators, etc).
Key point is having a powered frunk.

Various discussions about Tesla frunks I've seen is that people don't use them because they are not powered (inconvenient). Some folks have gotten the 3rd party powered frunk upgrade on their 3/Y and say they then used them all the time. I use our X frunk *all* the time. Just this morning for bike helmets, batteries, etc when we went for a ride. *Huge* feature I like is being able to pull in the garage, shut the door, and unload groceries, bike stuff, homedepot/lowes stuff, etc.

Reactions: Cal1
isn't the CyberTruck pretty much exact same length +/- an inch or two compared to the F150 Lightning?

i think the answer is that they never really planned for a frunk at unveil years ago and then got caught by surprise when Ford unveiled that monster of a frunk and GM is doing the same with Silverado / Sierra EV.... so back to the drawing board at Tesla and figuring out how much of a frunk they can force into the design...
At minimum it's 5" shorter than the F150 with a bed length 6" longer. It could be more exaggerated, but the front of the truck to the driver are almost identical in distance, but the CT has the slanted window for aero and all the air suspension and HVAC in the massive dash.

It also looks like the CT will have 2-3" less in space in the back of the cab compared to the F150 as well.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
At minimum it's 5" shorter than the F150 with a bed length 6" longer. It could be more exaggerated, but the front of the truck to the driver are almost identical in distance, but the CT has the slanted window for aero and all the air suspension and HVAC in the massive dash.

It also looks like the CT will have 2-3" less in space in the back of the cab compared to the F150 as well.
thanks! 5" shorter do indeed make it more garage friendly. a crew cab 5.5' bed F150 barely fits into residential garages... so 5" shorter would definitely help.

Are these Trucks in the pictures being build on the assembly line or are they still being hand built? I would expect that a Month out from deliveries that we would see Trucks rolling off the assembly line.
There has been at least 1 roll off the assembly line and speculation to a few more, but no one knows if we are a month or months away from "deliveries". The event was supposed to be at the end of Q3, which is next month and still not confirmed, but most figured that a handful would be delivered to employees. Elon has consistently said that mass production would begin sometime next year.