Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new Plaid bitching

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let us know how Tesla takes care of this. Loaner Plaid? $100 in Uber? Wait time? Or perhaps a brand new car?

PS> What are the errors you are seeing. Do you have a picture of the error list perhaps you could share here?
clean newer model 3, they don't have plaids to throw around. They offered $100 uber, but that doesn't work for me being partway to the sticks.

below, there were more problems, auto-hold was a big one. unnerving to have the car just start rolling, one way or the other, as if it was in gear. Without regen going anywhere is tough, have to use the brakes all the time.

Attachments

• unnoneamed.jpg
    unnoneamed.jpg
    706.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Informative
Reactions: Phlier and whitex
clean newer model 3, they don't have plaids to throw around. They offered $100 uber, but that doesn't work for me being partway to the sticks.

below, there were more problems, auto-hold was a big one. unnerving to have the car just start rolling, one way or the other, as if it was in gear. Without regen going anywhere is tough, have to use the brakes all the time.
I would have been more worried about driving Plaid with traction and stability controls disabled (two of the error messages). :oops:

Last edited:
ok, evidently this was part of my previous driving issue with my Plaid. Service fixed some errors that I had, now noticed I have intermittent none functioning front and side cameras. The result is no auto pilot, cruise of course, and lots of other related failures. Hi beams, auto window wipers... anything that needs vision is gone.
Tried the two thumbs restart ... nothing.
Also get less frequent back camers failure.
pic of what the car sees
camera.jpg

Quote Reply

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
ok, evidently this was part of my previous driving issue with my Plaid. Service fixed some errors that I had, now noticed I have intermittent none functioning front and side cameras. The result is no auto pilot, cruise of course, and lots of other related failures. Hi beams, auto window wipers... anything that needs vision is gone.
Tried the two thumbs restart ... nothing.
Also get less frequent back camers failure.
pic of what the car sees
camera.jpg

Quote Reply
Is this a brand new issue that has happened since you picked up your "fixed" car, or is it more information on what *was* wrong with the car but fixed now?

It seems the first drive of the day diving visualizations doesn't work. And it is not a matter of driving 5 miles and shutting it off. From what I have encountered it takes some amount of time maybe 20 minutes. If I come back to the car after that time it seems to work fine.