Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Powerwall 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my wall installed yesterday. I got connection errors all day yesterday (on the app) but the app is now running fine.
My Power Flow screen shows 1.6kW from solar with 1.4 going to the grid and the remaining .2 going to the home. Nothing is going to the wall and it is greyed out. Reserve is st at 36%. How do I get the power wall to charge? How can I tell the current charge on the wall?
Thanks

Presuming that they have completed the install and properly commissioned it, saying that you are "good to go", the only thing that immediately comes to mind is that, perhaps, the disconnect and/or breaker(s) between the house's load center and power wall are turned off. Also, check the small, black switch(es) on the power wall(s) - which should be on (up) by having the top portion depressed. (In the U.S., "up" means "on" - this for the benefit of the international audience.)

Will the PW take the load of the house in the event of a grid failure?

The other thing that comes to mind is that recently (with 1.9.1?) I sometimes have to exit and re-enter the phone app to get current readings, but the local GUI (you may have to find it in your DHCP table) is always correct and up-to-the-minute in its power flow depiction and PW SOC (State Of Charge).

When my PW2 was commissioned they took a picture of me, holding my phone, with the app running - showing that all of the power was flowing where it should - this to "prove" to... whoever... that the customer (me) observed that things were working as they should - and they did so again when they came to check out an unexpected power failure that left me in the dark for a few minutes. (It was most likely due to arcing on a clamp that they'd not properly tightened at install.)

CT

Presuming that they have completed the install and properly commissioned it, saying that you are "good to go", the only thing that immediately comes to mind is that, perhaps, the disconnect and/or breaker(s) between the house's load center and power wall are turned off. Also, check the small, black switch(es) on the power wall(s) - which should be on (up) by having the top portion depressed. (In the U.S., "up" means "on" - this for the benefit of the international audience.)

Will the PW take the load of the house in the event of a grid failure?

The other thing that comes to mind is that recently (with 1.9.1?) I sometimes have to exit and re-enter the phone app to get current readings, but the local GUI (you may have to find it in your DHCP table) is always correct and up-to-the-minute in its power flow depiction and PW SOC (State Of Charge).

When my PW2 was commissioned they took a picture of me, holding my phone, with the app running - showing that all of the power was flowing where it should - this to "prove" to... whoever... that the customer (me) observed that things were working as they should - and they did so again when they came to check out an unexpected power failure that left me in the dark for a few minutes. (It was most likely due to arcing on a clamp that they'd not properly tightened at install.)

CT
Thanks. I finally, after 4 calls, got to an actual tech who pulled up my system and noted that the installers had not properly configured a setting. He was able to fix it via software and I 'should' be good to go in a couple of hours. Now that I have the wall I detest seeing anything going to the grid with my wall not 100% charged. Nice pic, do you have your entire house wired for the wall?