Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New purchase option - Steering Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed that you can now order an X with a regular wheel.. Still love the yoke šŸ˜Ž

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230105_201950_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230105_201950_Tesla.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 154
I think choice is good, but it also slows what I think is a necessary transition. I've had the wheel in an X and had the yoke and for me the yoke is better in most cases. I think a lot of people on twitter who say they hate the yoke aren't using it every day, it's really not a hinderance at all.

Interesting that this has appeared just as they've started to sell the car in European markets. I can quite see in the US with your mostly straight roads or gentle sweeping corners it's fine. European roads tend to be far more windy and twisty. I could see it being problematic on roads with near 90 degree turns to do safely and quickly.

Reactions: Mister Rafiki
Interesting that this has appeared just as they've started to sell the car in European markets. I can quite see in the US with your mostly straight roads or gentle sweeping corners it's fine. European roads tend to be far more windy and twisty. I could see it being problematic on roads with near 90 degree turns to do safely and quickly.
The yoke is not a problem on windy tight roads. In a parking lot it sometime requires a bit more turn than I like, but nothing extreme.

Reactions: Cattledog
Yoke or round, all I want is a honk button in the middle. I don't honk enough to develop any muscle memory for the new honk button and then when I do need it in an emergency I can't find it. Just put it back in the middle and you can keep your stalks.

Reactions: Cattledog
I think choice is good, but it also slows what I think is a necessary transition. I've had the wheel in an X and had the yoke and for me the yoke is better in most cases. I think a lot of people on twitter who say they hate the yoke aren't using it every day, it's really not a hinderance at all.
Transition to what? Your post says it all - the yoke is "not a hinderance". The yoke does not improve driving in any way - the best that anyone can say about the yoke is that it's not that bad. It is clearly NOT better than a wheel. A wheel is better than the yoke in certain cases (see below) and the yoke is better than a wheel in zero cases.

I drove with the yoke for 9 days and hated every day. I could have adapted (humans are adaptable creatures after all) but why? As I said above, the adaptation would have been for zero benefit. I have other things to spend my mental energy on.

Tesla's 180 on this proves my point - they were wrong.
The yoke is not a problem on windy tight roads. In a parking lot it sometime requires a bit more turn than I like, but nothing extreme.
Agree. They drove the Nurburgring with a yoke. But carparks and u-turns are a nightmare. Good riddance.