Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New red dot on Model 3 screen at top?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
I just got the 2022.4.5 update, and at the top of the screen, between the temperature and my name, there's a red dot. If I touch it, the red goes away and I just have the outline of its circle. If I touch it again, the red comes back.

What is this?

I have honk to save clips enabled for dash cam, if this is something to do with the dash cam.

Regrettably the dash cam on/off button disappears from the top of the nav screen when I shift into drive or reverse! The reason I need the button is to quickly record the dash cam video when I'm driving! Agh! I've rebooted the car with no change.
It’s now an icon you can add to the bottom bar. The one up top is not dash cam. It turns sentry mode on or off.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer
Wow, it sure would be nice if there were something in the update notes that told us that!
It usually is.

I just got the 2022.4.5 update, and at the top of the screen, between the temperature and my name, there's a red dot. If I touch it, the red goes away and I just have the outline of its circle. If I touch it again, the red comes back.

What is this?

I have honk to save clips enabled for dash cam, if this is something to do with the dash cam.
If it’s round and you only see it when parked, it’s the Sentry Mode icon.