Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Refresh Headlights & Taillights for Tesla Model S 2012-2020 | T Sportline x Alpharex collab NOVA Headlights and Pro Series Taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You must be the other owner in FV that Nelson and Greg visited :p they came to my house Friday to do the same mod. Super cool guys. They are dealing with a storm of buyers right now and trying to make things right. Future versions will have the resistors built into the board. The patch is for the handful of people that are like you and I. @interbear99 is also another that will be doing it DIY with their parts.

Stay patient guys, they are trying to put this fire out as best as they can.
I got mine delivered weeks ago and I have a 2021 refresh who do I get in contact with I like in the souther california area as well.

Look forward to seeing the smoke tail lights on an actual car! What color is your car?
Mines are not 100% functional yet. I’m awaiting a solution.

Attachments

• IMG_8559.jpeg
    IMG_8559.jpeg
    687.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 1AA68A8D-811D-45DF-BA75-99E4750D7B9A.jpeg
    1AA68A8D-811D-45DF-BA75-99E4750D7B9A.jpeg
    394.3 KB · Views: 5
2012-2020 all good. install instructions here:

View attachment 1053179

Gee-whiz. Thanks T-Sportline for confirming what we all knew about 2 weeks ago.

This community has figured everything out without your support already. This has been a poor product launch from your side. Alpharex stepped up and provided support, while you stayed silent.

For the future: some communication is better than none.

You know what makes the animation so bad... When driving in a tunnel and the auto lights go on you will get animation while driving, at least i think so. If the animation just came the first time you unlock the car then it wouldn't be a big deal. I would prefer animations off, sequential turn lights on...which is not possible.
The animation also takes FOREVER. It should be 2x the speed it is currently

Reactions: empo
Sorry guys I meant to post this on this thread and posted on a completely wrong thread, but good news for us 21 refresh guys I have an update direct from Alpharex with instructions (kinda more of a text thread) here is the exact parts you will need to get them to work. As mentioned above they are 50 resistors but here are the ones Alpharex recommended. They told me to keep them away from anything as best I can as they will get extremely hot. That’s why they are in a black case in the kit that is coming. You also need six resistors that I linked below (4 for outer 2 for inner). As you can see in the photo above those little black boxes, need to have the gold resistor attached as photo. For the third brake light I do believe they said you could use one of the smaller resistors, but I went ahead and bought the same one also pictured above just to play it safe. Right now I just wanted to get the links out to everyone later when I have some time I will get on and upload the photos direct from Alpharex and I will do a write up with instructions. Also, tomorrow I will be doing the install, and I will post videos and comments along the way granted everything shows up in time. if your impatient like me here is all the parts that you need to get them to work properly. I will be installing mine today as I’m still waiting on the resistors that got lost so I ordered another pair.
But here is everything you need from manufacture, but if you want to pay for it yourself like I did here you go:
IMG_1728.jpeg
IMG_1729.jpeg
IMG_1730.jpeg

Reactions: Murthi1995
Sorry guys I meant to post this on this thread and posted on a completely wrong thread, but good news for us 21 refresh guys I have an update direct from Alpharex with instructions (kinda more of a text thread) here is the exact parts you will need to get them to work. As mentioned above they are 50 resistors but here are the ones Alpharex recommended. They told me to keep them away from anything as best I can as they will get extremely hot. That’s why they are in a black case in the kit that is coming. You also need six resistors that I linked below (4 for outer 2 for inner). As you can see in the photo above those little black boxes, need to have the gold resistor attached as photo. For the third brake light I do believe they said you could use one of the smaller resistors, but I went ahead and bought the same one also pictured above just to play it safe. Right now I just wanted to get the links out to everyone later when I have some time I will get on and upload the photos direct from Alpharex and I will do a write up with instructions. Also, tomorrow I will be doing the install, and I will post videos and comments along the way granted everything shows up in time. if your impatient like me here is all the parts that you need to get them to work properly. I will be installing mine today as I’m still waiting on the resistors that got lost so I ordered another pair.
But here is everything you need from manufacture, but if you want to pay for it yourself like I did here you go:View attachment 1053394View attachment 1053395View attachment 1053396
So for the 2ohm .25W resistors, you will need 6 in total. (4 for the outer lights & 2 for inner lights.
you will need to add it to the yellow and green wire on the outer tail light & the green wire on the inner tail light. Just snip the wire and stick the resistor down in both ends of the wire then heat shrink.
For the 10W 50ohm resistors (gold ones in my photo) they go, and I quote AREX:
It needs to go before the 2 ohm resistors though
Before the 2 ohm meaning coming from the car
It needs to hit the 50 ohm resistors before entering the 2 ohm resistor. (One side will tap into yellow) I guess you just use T taps. All post a photo but you don’t need to cut the wires. Just tap between two of them.
Lastly, there is that third brake light resistor. I just matched up the numbers and sent them a photo and they told me that one would work fine but they also said I might be able to use one of the small resistors on the third brake light so I just ordered both to play it safe. I will attach photos of both places where you tap and where you install the resistors.
On the outer tail lights, they told me to install them on ALL (should be 4) green light wires. Remember the inner lights use the same small resistor as the outer, but they go on yellow wire instead of green. it might be tomorrow, but I will start uploading videos once we tear the car apart and get all the parts installed correctly. I will make a YouTube video and update everyone. If I encounter any issues, I will also post
Hope this helps! Call anyone with issues please don’t hesitate to reach out
IMG_1721.png
IMG_1762.jpeg
IMG_1715.png

Since someone grouped the 17-21's together I just want to confirm now that the 17-20's don't need the resistor before I attempt to do the install now
Correct. You should be good. Not much of a "collaboration" if TSportline is just drop shipping the product to the consumer and failed to provide any level of customer service or installation instructions. Does anyone have a line of communication direct to the manufacturer (Alpharex) to get an updated harness with the required resistors shipped out so that I can install these lights on a 2021 refreshed Model S with the older style charge port door?

Reactions: interbear99
Thanks all for your support, Alpharex included, mine seem to be properly operational for now, I avoided cutting the inner light's green wire by making a jumper cable with inline resistor. This way I plan to still use the official support kit once it gets shipped. I have to give most props to @interbear99 and Alpharex USA on Instagram. This is by far the most painful/exhaustive installation I have ever done.

I also got to learn a bit more of electronics..... voltage divider circuit which is what is being done with the 50 ohm resistors.

Reactions: Daytonaviolet
Correct. You should be good. Not much of a "collaboration" if TSportline is just drop shipping the product to the consumer and failed to provide any level of customer service or installation instructions. Does anyone have a line of communication direct to the manufacturer (Alpharex) to get an updated harness with the required resistors shipped out so that I can install these lights on a 2021 refreshed Model S with the older style charge port door?
As always, we're definitely always here to help - but gang to be clear, we've very specifically never listed these to fit 2021 refresh cars. On our site, they are ONLY and have ever ONLY been listed under 2012-2020 Model S because that is what they are designed to plug in on (plug and play). The listing has multiple mentions of exactly what models are compatible - definitely no 2021 refresh mentions.

So at this point, we don't have an easy solution for 2021 customers. That said, as soon as Alpharex re-engineers working plug and play tail lights for the 2021 refresh, we'll be able to get them to 2021 customers. We are certainly working with Alpharex and helping to get this done, but it will take a bit to get the parts properly sorted. Thanks again everyone for the patience! PM me directly if you need help, we'll work with you!

If you have 2012-2020 Model S, the headlights plug in and work as we listed:

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 1.56.36 PM.png

Last edited:
As always, we're definitely always here to help - but gang to be clear, we've very specifically never listed these to fit 2021 fresh cars. On our site, they are ONLY and have ever ONLY been listed under 2012-2020 Model S because that is what they are designed to plug in on (plug and play). The listing has multiple mentions of exactly what models are compatible - definitely no 2021 refresh mentions.

So at this point, we don't have an easy solution for 2021 customers. That said, as soon as Alpharex re-engineers working plug and play tail lights for the 2021 refresh, we'll be able to get them to 2021 customers. We are certainly working with Alpharex and helping to get this done, but it will take a bit to get the parts properly sorted. Thanks again everyone for the patience! PM me directly if you need help, we'll work with you!

If you have 2012-2020 Model S, the headlights plug in and work as we listed:

View attachment 1053476
To be honest I think everyone here has a fair point, T-sportline did not list 2021 as a supported model, but this itself is confusing as some late 2021 I believe have new lights and (at least I) most of us assumed the earlies 2021 would be as the lights fit 1-1 and also went to check part numbers between 2020 and 2021 them being the same, hence in theory thing should work.

In this thread there are also posts from conversations with Alpharex indicating that 2021 would be supported ( I don't think there was a mention that this is true but not out of the box).

T-sportline customer service is awesome was prompt to answer my call, listen and reach out Alpharex and tried helping me out, but there is so much they can only do over the phone.

What made this a bad launch is the fact that we as customers waited for so long and finally when we get the product there is no installation guide and no heads up from Alpharex that 2021 would not work out of the box.

My analysis (I'm far from being an expert), despite of being the same part numbers we are replacing, the voltages/tolerances for e-fuses are different between 2021 and earlier models hence the need of a kit to support later models.

Props to Alpharex to react and try to make it work for 2021 as fast as possible, but this could have been avoided with a bit of better communication or a warning in the non existing instructions (at the time of launch/ product shipping)

To be fair, 2021 covers the pre-refresh refresh, but not the 2021 refresh-refresh if that makes sense. (Both with old tail lights)

When purchasing mine, i believed to have understood this and was ready to deal with any modifications if needed, so it was to a degree a gamble.

Early this year there were talks about the wiring diagram being labeled exactly the same between the early 2021 (pre-refresh refresh) and the later 2021 (refresh-refresh, LR/Plaid) but what we all discovered was the power consumption being different, meaning that despite similar outer wiring, the power handling circuit was designed for lower power consumption, which points to the design’s choice to be more efficient overall.

This was a worthy experience despite some headache, which shows us the in-depth intrecacies of our vehicles and their subsequent releases

So props to everyone involved

Reactions: TSportline