Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Ring Time!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears Porsche may have already retook the fastest EV crown, and set to announce in a couple days, on the company's 75th anniversary. How much faster? and what's the (new?) Taycan spec? Competition is fun!

I think you're referring to the Mission X, but who knows when that will reach production.

I think you're referring to the Mission X, but who knows when that will reach production.

Not the Mission X concept. It’s the rumored 1000hp(?) and tri-motor(?) Taycan Turbo GT Porsche’s been testing at the Ring. Looks like they are keeping that close to their cheats for a bit longer. We shall see.

Reactions: redmunds
As a multiple reservation holder for a RHD MS Plaid in the UK, this makes me a bit sad, but a bit more angry at the arbitrary cancellation. Will be test driving an LHD version next week, but more to get a feel for the performance and interior updates for daily driving compared to my Raven MS performance, and hoping to come away unimpressed!

The time was good for a fat sedan, but subjectively seemed quite a struggle. Not something one could do lap after lap all afternoon, which is the usual expectation for a performance car.

It is what it is. With price no object there are better cars. For the price, nothing close to its level of performance. Where I live the Plaid is a hard to beat combo. I have a lot of 100F+ days, want cold AC, a car that won't overheat in the insane traffic, and can deal with the crappy roads. My neighbor has a 720S and can barely drive it on the roads here. The dips on the road have such a steep approach and departure angle he is constantly grinding the nose of the car into them.

So while it may be a little soulless (still like stirring the gears) I also love always being in the "right gear" for instant acceleration. The track pack will take care of my last major gripe until I decide if I want to swap out the suspension at some point. I may have no choice to live with it based on the need for being able to raise the car to avoid damage on the dips in the road. I do love being able to throw 4 friends in the car and still being able to have incredible acceleration with just a tap of my foot on the pedal.

As for the 'Ring video, looks like the suspension was a weak spot and tires could be better.

It is what it is. With price no object there are better cars. For the price, nothing close to its level of performance. Where I live the Plaid is a hard to beat combo. I have a lot of 100F+ days, want cold AC, a car that won't overheat in the insane traffic, and can deal with the crappy roads. My neighbor has a 720S and can barely drive it on the roads here. The dips on the road have such a steep approach and departure angle he is constantly grinding the nose of the car into them.

So while it may be a little soulless (still like stirring the gears) I also love always being in the "right gear" for instant acceleration. The track pack will take care of my last major gripe until I decide if I want to swap out the suspension at some point. I may have no choice to live with it based on the need for being able to raise the car to avoid damage on the dips in the road. I do love being able to throw 4 friends in the car and still being able to have incredible acceleration with just a tap of my foot on the pedal.

As for the 'Ring video, looks like the suspension was a weak spot and tires could be better.
Agree completely with all of that.:cool:

Not the Mission X concept. It’s the rumored 1000hp(?) and tri-motor(?) Taycan Turbo GT Porsche’s been testing at the Ring. Looks like they are keeping that close to their cheats for a bit longer. We shall see.
Tri-motor would likely be close to 900 bhp (current ones are 616bhp) , overboosted will probably hit 1k bhp (was 750bhp on the Ring 7:33 run), thats just theory estimate, and adding a motor will likely increase the weight (was already 300lb difference vs the Plaid). Tesla powertrain and motors are just extremely efficient in producing raw power, likely the battery pack are holding it back for now, i dont think theres way around it unless someone figure out how to modify power delivery curves. As for the rumored taycan beating the track packaged Plaid, I dont think it exist at this point.