Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Rotors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you notice any improvement in brake pedal feel after swapping in the new stainless steel brake lines?
No, I notice almost no difference in braking. Wet braking seems better. But Nicki is new so the factory brake lines were still good. It takes years for brake lines to start being noticeably worn causing brake pedal softness. Mainly I notice better ride and a tiny bit better acceleration. Stopping distance is no fun to check so I only did a few, all shorter than stock, but not by much.

No, I notice almost no difference in braking. Wet braking seems better. But Nicki is new so the factory brake lines were still good. It takes years for brake lines to start being noticeably worn causing brake pedal softness. Mainly I notice better ride and a tiny bit better acceleration. Stopping distance is no fun to check so I only did a few, all shorter than stock, but not by much.

Good info, much appreciated. RB confirmed this kit also fits the Model X, so I tempted. The review you posted in their forums was also very helpful.

I have these, work better than stock if you drive hard enough to notice. In the forums I did a write up on the install.
RB Two-piece Rotor Kit for Tesla Model S (P/N 2434 & 2435)
Tesla 2 piece rotors Front and Rear - RacingBrake Forums

Note that these rotors and forged rims will noticeably improve the ride over sharp bumps!
Are these the largest that'll fit on a P100D?

I'm surprised at the size of the brakes. My Audi is 700lbs lighter and my rotors are 1.7 inches larger.

These are single piece rotors so they will be much heavier and less heat tolerant.
Great to see competition in this sector!

Very true. The two products are quite different. The RB kit is top of the line.

But for those looking for a replacement of equal/better quality than the Brembo OEMs at a very competitive price (about $220/corner), there's now something on the market.