Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New S. What are the essentials?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have ordered a Model S 75D and expect to take delivery in Toronto in the middle of March. What do you recommend purchasing to outfit / prepare for a Model S?

I was thinking along the lines of tinting, trunk organizer, floor mats, dash cam, etc. I would appreciate any recommendations of particular brands / models that people have purchased and found to be good. I have installed an HPWC already.

Thanks in advance.

Essentials? I've had two Esses, one 3. Never bought any accessories in 5.4 years. Haven't found anything that needs to be added. We did put Paint Protection Film on all of our cars, but I can't prove that's essential, either. The whole thing is a gorgeous computer. They all came with carpet floor mats, I'm not a sound nut, and the PUP was nice. Is AP1 an accessory?

Just sayin', the car is pretty complete.

Congrats on the purchase. You’re going to love it.

Here are my suggestions, especially for us in Canada and others in a northern climate:

- Winter tires/rims (I bought the Michelin X-Ice Xi3 on Tesla rims directly from the Toronto store. They only list the Pirelli Sottozeros on the Tesla website, but they offer different options like the X-Ice that are way better)
- All weather mats: an essential to keep your car clean with all of the salt in the winter (I also bought the stock Tesla mats; fit perfectly, don’t shift and look great).
- Trunk organizer: buy the Rola MOVE trunk organizer. The 59001 model fits perfectly in the rear footwell (and you can place the cover flush overtop). Highly recommended, about $90-100 on Amazon.ca.
- You’ll also want stuff to keep the car clean. I bought some new microfibre cloths, as well as a super absorbent Meguiar’s “water magnet” drying towel (which is excellent for drying out the door handles after going through touchless car washes in the winter so the water doesn’t freeze inside the autopresenting handle mechanism). For interior cleaning, I love Meguiar’s interior detail spray.
- I’ve been reading a lot about Dashcams (the BlackVue DR750S-2CH seem to be a fan favourite on this forum), but so far I haven’t made the plunge yet because I’m worried about the install getting botched (if someone has a good recommendation for a quality installer in Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal let me know).
- I’ve got a NEMA 14-50 installed in my garage and wall mounted the UMC with 3M hooks. It offers 37km/hr of range while charging, which is more than enough for my daily needs. Would have cost me a lot more to install the HPWC (would have needed to upgrade the service as I only had a 100A panel).

Hope that helps get you started.

I have ordered a Model S 75D and expect to take delivery in Toronto in the middle of March. What do you recommend purchasing to outfit / prepare for a Model S?

I was thinking along the lines of tinting, trunk organizer, floor mats, dash cam, etc. I would appreciate any recommendations of particular brands / models that people have purchased and found to be good. I have installed an HPWC already.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.rpmtesla.com/product-page/model-s-trunk-organizer-49-with-20-off

Without a doubt, the number one thing you need to get ASAP is "Norm's Shelf Butler". It only take two times of leaving the shelf in the back folded forward as you drive off to appreciate the need for it:

Vendor - Shelf Butler by Norm

I think it's $20, and literally takes 5 minutes to "install". It's super easy. Not sure why Tesla never made such a simple fix.

BTW, I have no affiliation with Norm, it's just a great product that solves a real need!!!