TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Seat Controls via Software Update

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by highedu, May 27, 2016.

1. highedu

highedu Member

havent played with it much but looks like I can control the 2nd row completely from the touchscreen

Middle seat in second row now also goes all the way to the front like the outer seats which is a welcome change

Key test I have not done is if I can have the second row seats be moved more forward so 3rd row passengers have more room without danger alert of 2nd row not bejng latched or back all the way

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  2. swesson

swesson Member

I just tested this and it works as you've guessed. It seems to be designed to assist the driver in getting ready for 3rd row passengers without having to get out of the car.

3. commasign

commasign Active Member

This must be the update Elon promised a few weeks back. What firmware version are you running?

4. swesson

swesson Member

5. SMSMD

SMSMD Member

Goodies in June..seems to be rolling out

6. commasign

commasign Active Member

Waiting for the update. Can anyone comment on whether the car will now allow the 2nd row seats to be further forward without the "unmatched" warning? I.e. More legroom for 3rd row.

7. RIZE

RIZE Member

Is third row leg crusher still there?

• Like x 1
  8. elguapo

elguapo Member

Leg crusher is still present.

The warning that comes I for second row being unlatched only says to make sure no one is sitting in that row. So, I guess you could use "cargo" mode since middle seat moves more now.

I do not believe TM will ever let you drive with the second row unlatched while passengers are seated there. My understanding from the SC is that the locking/latch is for safety in second row. You could just ignore the warning, as you can close the warning box and it won't come back, but that's not particularly safe.

• Informative x 1
  9. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

The car actually lets you drive though it will keep sensing the passenger in the unlatched seat and warn you.

10. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

How far forward can the second row be before you get the latch warning? The individual seats move with their own rocker switches but that is only a tilt adjustment I recall.

11. commasign

commasign Active Member

The seat controls allow tilt and forward/backward movement. As for how far forward the 2nd row can go (basically, how much leg room you can give to the 3rd row), I'd describe it as just barely enough to fit an average adult in the 3rd row. Any further and you get the latch warning.

• Informative x 1