Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Seat Controls via Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
havent played with it much but looks like I can control the 2nd row completely from the touchscreen

Middle seat in second row now also goes all the way to the front like the outer seats which is a welcome change

Key test I have not done is if I can have the second row seats be moved more forward so 3rd row passengers have more room without danger alert of 2nd row not bejng latched or back all the way

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    451.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Informative
Reactions: vandacca
havent played with it much but looks like I can control the 2nd row completely from the touchscreen

Middle seat in second row now also goes all the way to the front like the outer seats which is a welcome change

Key test I have not done is if I can have the second row seats be moved more forward so 3rd row passengers have more room without danger alert of 2nd row not bejng latched or back all the way

I just tested this and it works as you've guessed. It seems to be designed to assist the driver in getting ready for 3rd row passengers without having to get out of the car.

Leg crusher is still present.

The warning that comes I for second row being unlatched only says to make sure no one is sitting in that row. So, I guess you could use "cargo" mode since middle seat moves more now.

I do not believe TM will ever let you drive with the second row unlatched while passengers are seated there. My understanding from the SC is that the locking/latch is for safety in second row. You could just ignore the warning, as you can close the warning box and it won't come back, but that's not particularly safe.

• Informative
Reactions: KaiserSoze
Leg crusher is still present.

The warning that comes I for second row being unlatched only says to make sure no one is sitting in that row. So, I guess you could use "cargo" mode since middle seat moves more now.

I do not believe TM will ever let you drive with the second row unlatched while passengers are seated there. My understanding from the SC is that the locking/latch is for safety in second row. You could just ignore the warning, as you can close the warning box and it won't come back, but that's not particularly safe.
The car actually lets you drive though it will keep sensing the passenger in the unlatched seat and warn you.

How far forward can the second row be before you get the latch warning? The individual seats move with their own rocker switches but that is only a tilt adjustment I recall.

The seat controls allow tilt and forward/backward movement. As for how far forward the 2nd row can go (basically, how much leg room you can give to the 3rd row), I'd describe it as just barely enough to fit an average adult in the 3rd row. Any further and you get the latch warning.

• Informative
Reactions: systemcrashed