Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Service Center - Renton

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the new service center in Renton, WA will be opening soon.

20191027_105153.jpg
20191027_104542.jpg
20191027_104718.jpg

Attachments

• 20191027_104542.jpg
    20191027_104542.jpg
    838 KB · Views: 117
From what I understand, they will be shutting down the Seattle service center and opening this one and one in Lynwood. They are being kicked out of their Seattle location.

The Seattle SODO location seemed to be in a pretty horrible location. I just stopped by to pick up some tire pressure sensors and could NOT find a parking spot, so just finally parked in a no-parking spot for the five minutes it took to run in. Then backing back onto an active road took a bit of time. I think any improvement to that will be nice! (Though I'm not a local Seattle person, so maybe I'm wrong?)

Reactions: im.thatoneguy
Regardless of whether the SODO service center is closing, it has been stunning to see Tesla keep that place functional despite selling/servicing 10x as many cars as when it first opened. I thought it would fall apart, and other than the lack of parking which has always been that way, they've still been fast and appointments easily obtained.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
The Seattle SODO location seemed to be in a pretty horrible location. I just stopped by to pick up some tire pressure sensors and could NOT find a parking spot, so just finally parked in a no-parking spot for the five minutes it took to run in. Then backing back onto an active road took a bit of time. I think any improvement to that will be nice! (Though I'm not a local Seattle person, so maybe I'm wrong?)
The location is great for me, I could use public transit for drop off and pickup. There are a lot of Tesla owners in the city of Seattle who will not want to drive to Renton, Bellevue, or Lynwood.

Regardless of whether the SODO service center is closing, it has been stunning to see Tesla keep that place functional despite selling/servicing 10x as many cars as when it first opened. I thought it would fall apart, and other than the lack of parking which has always been that way, they've still been fast and appointments easily obtained.
So what happens when you have an appointment but can't find where to park the car? Does auto-pilot have a secret service mode where it keeps on circling the roads around the the SC until they need the car?;)

• Funny
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I swung by on the way home from work just now. There's still a couple guys working this afternoon at 4:30pm,and making good progress it seems.

Attachments

• 20191107_163213.jpg
    20191107_163213.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 20191107_163044.jpg
    20191107_163044.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 20191107_163019.jpg
    20191107_163019.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
Does anyone have an update on when this location will be opening? Would so prefer to drive here over Bellevue.
I stopped by tonight and took a look at the progress. It is getting close, computers are now installed, printers, coffee machine, etc. The bays still need a lot of work, the lifts are installed but no tools or anything yet. My guess is late January at the pace they are on. Took a video if anyone is interested.