Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Sirius XM App nowhere to be found

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks - got really excited about the Sirius XM app update (and surprised). Downloaded 2020.32.2 (2018 Model X P100D) but don’t see any changes. Did anyone get the new app with a 2018 Model X? If so, did they show up when you downloaded the software or am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

No worries! If you need a pic, let me know. I can head out to the garage and snap one for you.

well I know it wasn't me that you responded to but yes I would love to see a pic because I to just downloaded that update and don't see any change in my app drawer. We don't really know what we're looking for but my XM options and menus and so forth have not changed at all. Could it be a hardware thing?

F4D77495-189D-4521-9C9E-C0EA14EC6FD0.jpeg
No worries!

E8ADDA2A-CA56-4C77-88C9-22BCC333B163.jpeg

Thank you so much for taking the time to post those pictures now at least I know what I should be looking for. However I also know now that I'm never going to see that I don't think my car has the hardware to be able to handle that. So even though I did get the update with release notes that indicated Sirius XM would be updated I think my car is just too old. However for newer vehicles??

Again thank you

I bet you’re right but I thought you can’t get Sirius with MCU2? Or is that only if you do the MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade?

By chance, anyone out there with MCU1 that received the Sirius upgrade?

Another excellent question. That was the primary reason why I just had my MCU1 repaired and did an LTE upgrade at the same time. Because I did not want to lose my AM., FM, and XM capabilities which I was told would go away if I did an MCU2 upgrade

Same here. I wanted MCU2 but didn’t want to lose Sirius so am stuck with my (sluggish) MCU1.

Does the Sirius upgrade only work with MCU2? If so does that mean the MCU2 upgrade now does support Sirius? If so, I’ll make my appt to upgrade.

Works just fine with a MCU1

Even occasionally get album art now.

Not older ones I've got the mother of all MCU out there VIN number 162 signature 2012 model S that update doesn't work on my MCU I don't see any difference perhaps on newer center stacks but not on the older ones and I'm not sure when the cutoff is

My guess would be the cars that have AP1 that are running MCU1 probably are capable I think pre autopilot cars are not. Just a guess

It looks like you may just need to "refresh" your radio:

Update! as others have mentioned in this thread it seems that once the radio refreshes which you can actually do yourself, then the changes appear. That happened for me today I went to Sirius XM and tuned to channel double-zero which reflash the radio while the radio ID was displayed. suddenly the XM app appeared in my app drawer and all of the associated station art and changes came through. It is much nicer and I am a Sirius XM subscriber so works good for me.

Happy days