Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Software 2021.40.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have no FSD so can't tell what improvements there.
Way point didn't work for me the way I wanted.
So I wanted to get to the store and back. So set a store as destination and wanted to get 2nd point to drive back.
What I believe it does it counts it as you end point and inserts home location as a middle point. It immediately tell me I arrived and offers to proceed to store.

So may be I need to drive away from house and set it as destination and add Store as way point?!?!
I need this because I drive my son to university for 4 hours 30 min hours and after dropping off drive back. Tesla always assumes my arrival at 10%. There are no superchargers there and 10% will not get me to the nearest one. I hope that way points will make Tesla calculate the whole trip to school and back.
Maybe I misunderstand, but I think you are saying that if you are at point A and program in point B as your destination, you want to know how much battery you will have left if you needed to drive back to point A. It that's what you want, your Tesla already does that. Key in point B as your destination, and then scroll to the bottom of the turn-by-turn directions and it will give you your range remaining at point B and range remaining to return back to point A.

Have no FSD so can't tell what improvements there.
Way point didn't work for me the way I wanted.
So I wanted to get to the store and back. So set a store as destination and wanted to get 2nd point to drive back.
What I believe it does it counts it as you end point and inserts home location as a middle point. It immediately tell me I arrived and offers to proceed to store.

So may be I need to drive away from house and set it as destination and add Store as way point?!?!
I need this because I drive my son to university for 4 hours 30 min hours and after dropping off drive back. Tesla always assumes my arrival at 10%. There are no superchargers there and 10% will not get me to the nearest one. I hope that way points will make Tesla calculate the whole trip to school and back.
Maybe I misunderstand you, but what I think you want to do is this: You are at point A, and want to go to point B, and then have your Tesla tell you what your remaining range will be if you go to point B and then return to point A. If that's what you want, your car already does that. While at point A, set your destination for point B. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the turn-by-turn directions and you will see the range remaining once you get to point B and how much you will have remaining if you return to point A.

Maybe I misunderstand you, but what I think you want to do is this: You are at point A, and want to go to point B, and then have your Tesla tell you what your remaining range will be if you go to point B and then return to point A. If that's what you want, your car already does that. While at point A, set your destination for point B. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the turn-by-turn directions and you will see the range remaining once you get to point B and how much you will have remaining if you return to point A.
I figured it out.
So if I want to drive to my son’s university and return back home. I need to put home as a destination and add university as waypoint.
Trick is I can’t sit at my driveway since it tells me I arrived.

Does this have remote sentry viewing capability ?
Yes it does. I had it in 36.8. But you have to go through some steps to enable it in the car and on the phone.
Sorry it is dark in the garage right now. Very cool feature.
1638319497908.png

I figured it out.
So if I want to drive to my son’s university and return back home. I need to put home as a destination and add university as waypoint.
Trick is I can’t sit at my driveway since it tells me I arrived.
Hi zpaul, this is what I see if I am sitting in the parking lot at work and tell the car I want to go home. It provides the round trip information (remaining range) shown. Does your car not show that? This approach does not use waypoints.

Attachments

• tesla round trip.png
    tesla round trip.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
Hi zpaul, this is what I see if I am sitting in the parking lot at work and tell the car I want to go home. It provides the round trip information (remaining range) shown. Does your car not show that? This approach does not use waypoints.
Never saw round trip estimate. May be because I do not have FSD?!?
My son’s university is 300 miles away. So one way trip requires 2 stops to charge and 2 stops on the way back.
I used ABRP but would love Tesla to do it for me. Instead of coming to university with 10% charge.
Need to play with waypoints a bit more.

For "local" driving, every time I put a location into navigation it gives me the estimate to get to the destination, AND the estimate for the round trip... then the round trip estimate goes away. If the trip is longer than a full charge it doesn't give the round trip, it tells where I need to charge to reach my destination. I do not have FSD.

Keith

Never saw round trip estimate. May be because I do not have FSD?!?
My son’s university is 300 miles away. So one way trip requires 2 stops to charge and 2 stops on the way back.
I used ABRP but would love Tesla to do it for me. Instead of coming to university with 10% charge.
Need to play with waypoints a bit more.
I have a similar 2 stop to charge trip to my daughter's U. I just cancel the navigation at the second stop, and let it charge an extra 20% or so for some buffer (still well below 80%). This works since the last stop is only about 40 miles from the U.

Reactions: zpaul
It only shows the round trip estimate when the navigation is in the 'entire route' view (wavy line in the view selector). if you are in always point north, or always point 'up' views on the map, you don't see the round trip estimate.

Interesting. That fits with my experience. When you first enter the desired destination it is in the "entire route" view with the turn by turn instructions and the round trip estimate at the very bottom, and then when it switches to my preferred "always point up" view the turn by turn instructions and the round trip estimate go away leaving the next turn and destination estimate only.

I don't plan on using it, but is there a way to lock it into the "entire route" view?

Keith

It only shows the round trip estimate when the navigation is in the 'entire route' view (wavy line in the view selector). if you are in always point north, or always point 'up' views on the map, you don't see the round trip estimate.
Not true for me. I get roundtrip estimates all the time, with nav always pointing "N".