TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New Software Update Failed

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Tanquen, Jun 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

Just did an update a few days ago so thought it was odd for there to be another one so soon. Let it run but then it said the update failed and to wait for another to be sent to the car. Anyone else?

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

It's not odd to get updates so close together- they're different builds (bug fixes) rather than version updates. When a new version comes out you can expect to get a few updates over the following week or two, then they slow down.

Sometimes an update fails to install for no obvious reason, but usually it's because the owner is doing something with the car when it's installing. Leave it alone. Go far away from it. Best to let it install overnight (that's the default setting) so you're not tempted to "check on it".

3. BradWI

BradWI Supporting Member

I picked up my new S on Saturday. There was a pending update on it. When I got home I tried to install it but it failed. Been waiting since for it to come back but nothing yet. Still on 17.18.50.

4. TexasEV

Sometimes service needs to reset something remotely when an update fails. Best to call them.

5. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

Had the car for over a year now and have had a number of updates but never more than one in the same month or two. ???

6. TexasEV

Then you've probably not been through more than one version update, from 8.0 to 8.1. Back in the 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, and 7.x days the builds flew fast and furious for a few weeks after each version came out, and then slowed down until the next version change.