Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Supercharger Location - Speculation/Prediction Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did some photoshopping of the difference between the official Tesla Supercharger Map and their 2016 Map:

Mid-Atlantic-Map.png

Thought we could engage in some fun speculation on where these superchargers will be located:

1) I-95 Exit 48 (Westbrook Shopping Area) Google Maps
2) Boston Area (Maybe Cambridge)
3) I-90/390 Henrietta-Rochester Area
4) I-80 Dubois, PA Google Maps
5) I-80/180
6) I-81/476
7) Jersey City?
8) Garden State Parkway (Redbank?)
9) NJ Turnpike - Walt Whitman Service Center
10) Maryland House
11)
12)
13)
14)
15) I-79 @ US50 East Point Shopping Center
16) I-79 Exit 1

Update

5) I-80/180
6) I-81/476
7) Jersey City?
8) Garden State Parkway (Redbank?)
9) NJ Turnpike - Walt Whitman Service Center
10) Maryland House
11) Annapolis Area (Annapolis Town Center?)
12) Washington DC Area (Tanger Outlet National Harbor?)
13) I-64 Charlottesville Area
14) I-81Staunton Area
16) I-79 Exit 1

• Funny
Reactions: boaterva
Only guesses but 8) Red Bank doesn't seem likely to me. That's less than 10 miles from the Tinton Falls SC. I don't have a better guess though. On 9) it seems the NJ Turnpike is pretty well covered, that pin looks further West to me, over in PA. How about the Langhorne area, maybe the intersection of 276/95?

Fun to speculate but all I care about really are 4 and 5. I'm tired of waiting for 80 to open up!

Ken Dietz

7 and 8 look like somewhere in NYC to me, way to cluttered to really tell though.

For 9 I'm guessing somewhere in Philly. Langhorne would make sense, but the 276-95 interchange isn't going to be done for a few more years. Currently there isn't a good location that would be accessible from 95 and 276.
I'd guess either somewhere fairly close to downtown, like the Ikea on Columbus boulevard, or out near King of Prussia.

Only guesses but 8) Red Bank doesn't seem likely to me. That's less than 10 miles from the Tinton Falls SC. I don't have a better guess though. On 9) it seems the NJ Turnpike is pretty well covered, that pin looks further West to me, over in PA. How about the Langhorne area, maybe the intersection of 276/95?

8) I agree it is really close, but the two map pins are aligned vertically with a single pixel separating them...
Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.15.21 AM.png

9) I think you are right about this one... I took another look and the new pin looks to be north of the line between Hamilton and Newark at the halfway point, which would put in right in the middle of Philadelphia....
Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.04.59 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 10.04.38 AM.png

Last edited:
Latest:

5) I-80/180
6) I-81/476
7) NYC Area (Manhattan/Jersey City/Hoboken/Brooklyn?)
8) Garden State Parkway (Redbank or faith north?)
9) I-95 / 276 Philadelphia
10) Maryland House
11) Annapolis Area (Annapolis Town Center?)
12) Washington DC Area (Tanger Outlet National Harbor?)
14) I-81Staunton Area
16) I-79 Exit 1

King of Prussia area would be good. I wonder why the map is so low resolution. It seems Tesla did that on purpose. Even the current Egg Harbor Twp. charger was hard to pinpoint on the future map.

It is on purpose, these aren't defined sites yet. Tesla is just saying we'd like to put a supercharger around here.

I think #11 is more likely on the Eastern Shore, Grasonville or the Queenstown outlets maybe. The marker is directly below the one identified as Maryland House which puts it on the other side of the bridge from Annapolis. I think #12 is the existing Bethesda location and the new one would be slightly north and west of Bethesda up 270 either Rockville or Gaithersburg. Nearly impossible to say for sure.

I think #11 is more likely on the Eastern Shore, Grasonville or the Queenstown outlets maybe. The marker is directly below the one identified as Maryland House which puts it on the other side of the bridge from Annapolis. I think #12 is the existing Bethesda location and the new one would be slightly north and west of Bethesda up 270 either Rockville or Gaithersburg. Nearly impossible to say for sure.

Looks like you are right on on #11, def on the other side of the bridge (Grasonville is right on the line)

But #12 is def between Bethesda and Woodbridge; Just Southeast of Bethesda, and about the same Latitude as #11:

Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 8.43.42 PM.png MARYLAND.gif

Updated:

5) I-80/180
6) I-81/476
7) NYC Area (Manhattan/Jersey City/Hoboken/Brooklyn?)
8) Garden State Parkway (Redbank or faith north?)
9) I-95 / 276 Philadelphia
10) Maryland House
11) Eastern Shore (Grasonville)
12) North East Washington DC Area
14) I-81Staunton Area
16) I-79 Exit 1

I'm looking forward to I-80 getting connected, though I will rarely if ever travel along it, but rather orthogonal to it on PA15. I need something like 5) to make it through Harrisburg to Rochester. I've written to Tesla arguing for I-86 to get populated also, and I think that is a higher priority than Rochester/Henrietta, though I wouldn't mind having a destination charger there ;=)

One of them has to be Laurel, perhaps 11 despite how far east it appears on the maps...

Maybe 12 is around-about Tysons Corner

I'm wondering if Laurel isn't already red there despite not being open even now.

It seems like they have three red spots in the greater DC region (presumably Woodbridge, Bethesda and Laurel?) and about the right geometry between them.

11 is much too far east to be Laurel IMHO (and I hope that's true - I usually connect to DC and points south by way of the eastern shore and bay bridge - fractionally longer but a much nicer drive. Queenstown or there about would come in handy - there's already an EVgo CHAdeMO there I tested out last weekend.)

Disappointed by Bloomsburg PA. That's at least 40 miles out of the way when traveling PA-15 N-S, and only 65 miles from Tannersville PA. It came up quickly, so perhaps we can hope it was a "site of convenience" and may be augmented with something farther west near PA-15.