Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers on the NJ Turnpike (speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My tesla nav shows the closed chargers as closed.

As someone noted not all rest stops have superchargers.

It's crazy how it takes them YEARS to renovate a rest stop.... Just saw a video of a bridge replaced in China in 24hrs... Sad.

Verified that at least for Northbound, the Tesla nav (and the findus page on the website) correctly notes which ones are closed. Northbound, if you like alliteration it's easy to remember, because Cooper and Kilmer are klosed. Supercharge.info is not currently correct!

Southbound, Walt Whitman is under construction but I didn't check whether you can still access the chargers because I wasn't going to stop until Clara Barton and, y'know, distracted by traffic*. It shows as open on the Tesla website (and on supercharge.info), but I can't vouch for that.

And yeah, not only why does it take them so long to rebuild a rest stop, why on earth are they doing two at once in one direction? I was sure glad I didn't need to get gas at Woody Woo; there was a 15 minute line. Way faster in a Tesla!

*Distracted by Traffic is the name of my Steve Winwood cover band.

Walt Whitman southbound.
PXL_20240126_034210706.jpg