Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Superchargers Proposed in Greensboro and Raleigh, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greensboro SC. Charged their Tue. I was the only car there for about 15 min, Then a local X showed. He said he didn't have a charger at the place he lived. I didn't ask if he lived in a condo.

Wife's car
IMG_5686.jpeg

I don’t know if this is the right thread to discuss this. Someone has added a new location on PlugShare in Smithfield, NC. It shows there is 1 CCS/CHAdeMO combo + 1 Tesla charger. Knowing Sheetz is a common Supercharger partner, but also an Electrify partner, I’m just wondering what this might be.

Also important to note, there is already an Electrify station a few blocks away at the Carolina Premium Outlets, and usually Electrify America doesn’t install more than 1 station (8 chargers) per city/town.

Can anyone nearby check this location out?
F3080A1F-332B-436D-B6CB-85BAA332D5F3.jpeg
1F98D722-DD44-4976-A628-3F7A80963EB7.jpeg

I don’t know if this is the right thread to discuss this. Someone has added a new location on PlugShare in Smithfield, NC. It shows there is 1 CCS/CHAdeMO combo + 1 Tesla charger. Knowing Sheetz is a common Supercharger partner, but also an Electrify partner, I’m just wondering what this might be.

Also important to note, there is already an Electrify station a few blocks away at the Carolina Premium Outlets, and usually Electrify America doesn’t install more than 1 station (8 chargers) per city/town.

Can anyone nearby check this location out?View attachment 415055 View attachment 415053

In the Raleigh area, Sheetz is more commonly an EVgo partner, rather than Tesla or EA (EA appears to be partnering with Walmart in this area).

The Plugshare listing does include a Tesla plug, but I'm guessing the listing is not yet accurate. If there is a charging station going in there, I wouldn't be surprised to see an EVgo CCS/CHAdeMO single station, much like other Sheetz in the area.

In the Raleigh area, Sheetz is more commonly an EVgo partner, rather than Tesla or EA (EA appears to be partnering with Walmart in this area).

The Plugshare listing does include a Tesla plug, but I'm guessing the listing is not yet accurate. If there is a charging station going in there, I wouldn't be surprised to see an EVgo CCS/CHAdeMO single station, much like other Sheetz in the area.
There are 3 Sheetz in Raleigh with EVgo chargers. Is that significant enough?

There are also 3 Electrify stations in NC, so I don’t know if it’s a fair comparison...

I think I am completely missing the point you are trying to make. I think you might be trying to say that my speculation that it will be an EVgo station (based on the fact that Sheetz charging stations in this area have partnered with EVgo) is not based on "significant" facts to support that speculation.

Well, I do admit that it's only speculation. However, it's almost certainly not EA, because EA is opening a site just up the street. There is no way they would have a second one so close by. And while a Supercharger might make sense there (being halfway between Rocky Mount and Fayetteville), if Tesla were to put another Supercharger along I-95 (and it's certainly doesn't seem to be in their plans), Benson would be a more logical choice as it would serve I-40 as well.

Of the remaining networks serving the area, that leaves EVgo (which as I've already said has a relationship with Sheetz in the Raleigh/Durham area), or Greenlots, which in NC is managing charging stations initially installed by Brightfield, but which since has gone quiet (and I could not see them partnering with a gas station anyway).

I suppose it's possible that a brand new network could be coming in, but it seems like that would be a strange place to start given the main concentration of EVs is in the RTP area.

I think I am completely missing the point you are trying to make. I think you might be trying to say that my speculation that it will be an EVgo station (based on the fact that Sheetz charging stations in this area have partnered with EVgo) is not based on "significant" facts to support that speculation.

Well, I do admit that it's only speculation. However, it's almost certainly not EA, because EA is opening a site just up the street. There is no way they would have a second one so close by. And while a Supercharger might make sense there (being halfway between Rocky Mount and Fayetteville), if Tesla were to put another Supercharger along I-95 (and it's certainly doesn't seem to be in their plans), Benson would be a more logical choice as it would serve I-40 as well.

Of the remaining networks serving the area, that leaves EVgo (which as I've already said has a relationship with Sheetz in the Raleigh/Durham area), or Greenlots, which in NC is managing charging stations initially installed by Brightfield, but which since has gone quiet (and I could not see them partnering with a gas station anyway).

I suppose it's possible that a brand new network could be coming in, but it seems like that would be a strange place to start given the main concentration of EVs is in the RTP area.
Anyways
Supercharger - Smithfield, NC