Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Superchargers Proposed in Greensboro and Raleigh, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to everyone for all the great info about Fayetteville and G'boro! I am really liking all the love Tesla is showing NC right now. Maybe that will entice the person responsible for the Charlotte debacle to make it all right... HA! :rolleyes:

Okay, so two last pics for me in this thread... They let me be the first customer to plug in before removing all the cones (Thanks KC)...and another "legal" charge...

View attachment 257968 View attachment 257969
And yes, I'm going to remove the front plate this weekend...

It will take the people of NC to vote for more future thinking and less self interested people for those changes to happen.

Hate that my first post in here has to be on somewhat negative terms. Went to the north hills super chargers tonight to find out they were holding a big event, and what I feared would happen came true. Just about every spot was "ICE'd" and I was lucky enough to get a spot from a jeep wrangler backing out. I witnessed several other Tesla's drive by unable to charge their cars. Hopefully they will get the signage up soon to prevent this in the future. Still extremely excited that these are in the location that they are.

Zach

IMG_1774.JPG IMG_1775.JPG

I had a similar experience on Saturday after coming back from the Warsaw SC. I think the signs will go a long way to deter ICEing. We really can't/shouldn't say anything until the signage goes up, but once it does, I plan to post the North Hills security office phone number, as they will help enforce the EV parking only.

View attachment 261576

Signage is now up. Fencing around cabinets going up as I type.

Reactions: ASUComputerGuy
Sorry to bump this thread, but where was this stated?

This was a bit of an out of context post...basically it was during Hurricane Florence when Tesla waived Supercharger fees in the areas affected by the hurricane and needing to evacuate. The poster was saying that the Supercharger was in fact up and was in fact free (at the time). AFAIK (and I don't really because I don't need to Supercharge locally, but I highly suspect), the free Supercharging is no longer the case.

Reactions: Treasure and GaryW
Aha! In that case I remember the statement. How is the normal price? Is it comparable to Tesla's calculator? Supercharging

I’m sorry, I don’t know. We have charging at home, so we never use it. I only posted because so many people were evacuating, and power was out even as far inland as Raleigh.

Are you in the area? Maybe you could plug in and report back?

I’m out of town right now.

I’m sorry, I don’t know. We have charging at home, so we never use it. I only posted because so many people were evacuating, and power was out even as far inland as Raleigh.

Are you in the area? Maybe you could plug in and report back?

I’m out of town right now.
I'm about 5 miles from there, I plug in at my house too. Just a curiosity question because a lot of people ask me when giving test rides!

Nice to see SC at NorthHill, Raleigh, NC. However, this place is packed almost all the time!
Stall 6A and 6B were not wokring for a month at least. Not sure who I need to report to.

Waiting for Durham SC at SouthPoint. It is confirmed but do not know when at this moment.

Hey-
I plugged in and got a notification while eating here that Tesla MAY charge idling fees once charged. Has anyone been charged this? I understand (11/12 chargers full when I arrived) rationale but sort of a pain to have to leave a resteraunt to move car.

Hey-
I plugged in and got a notification while eating here that Tesla MAY charge idling fees once charged. Has anyone been charged this? I understand (11/12 chargers full when I arrived) rationale but sort of a pain to have to leave a resteraunt to move car.

First, welcome to the forum. I see this is your first or second post.

I’ve never been charged. If I get the message, I can move the max charge to a full charge using the app on my phone.. A full charge takes over an hour. That is more than enough time for me to eat.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your car!

Hey-

Yep - That's standard for superchargers. Last time I checked, a supercharger will start to charge an "idle fee" once the charge is complete IF over half of the supercharger stalls are occupied.

Other fun tip, I recently went to the Red Oak Lager Haus & Biergarten (located between Greensboro and Burlington, off I-40) and they had four Tesla wall chargers (40 amp) and two standard EV j1772 chargers.

Hate to sound like a grump, but remember that Superchargers (or any EV charging station) are not parking spots. They are there to provide charging. It is good etiquette to move your car when charging is complete (or even when you have enough charge to make it to your next charging opportunity) to free up the charging station for people that really need it. In fact this is ESPECIALLY true for standard EV charging stations that don't have multiple stalls available and is used by people that don't have cars that can go for days without a charge.

Yes, if you need the charge, then by all means, stay as long as necessary. But I feel it is entirely appropriate for Tesla (or any other entity) to charge idle fees if you are just sitting there taking up a spot without actually making use of the equipment.

So before you leave your car for an extended period, whether to eat or shop or whatever, first ask yourself if you really need the charge at all, and second, yes, plan to come back to move your car when charging is complete.