Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Home Charger UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks nice. It might now be "smart" enough to attract the OLEV grant and hopefully they've included DC leak protection too...I guess we'll have to wait and see. I couldn't find any new manuals for it.

(Personally I'm quite happy to have the older design because it's a relatively dumb device so easy to diagnose and less to go wrong.)

I guess we'll see it here when Europe stock starts to run low?

Bit of an awkward cable length for some. Model 3 is just shy of 5m long (is S or X longer?) so nose on charging may be problematical in some circumstances. We have a loop spare on our 7m lead, so 6m would fit our needs, but if you can't nose right in, its even more of a problem.

Bit of an awkward cable length for some. Model 3 is just shy of 5m long (is S or X longer?)

upload_2020-1-23_9-1-7.png

I also saw that it only outputs 11.5 Kw vs the current one now that goes up to 22. I wonder if this is owing to differences I the electrical grids and any UK/EU version would still be able to charge up to 22 Kw.

You'd need 3 phase power to get 22kW, and even then most of the cars can't be charged that fast on AC.

upload_2020-1-23_9-8-1.png

7.4kW would be the maximum on a normal single phase UK domestic power supply.

I would like to see what features the WiFi brings, and a longer cable before I swap my mk2

Same here.

I'd be forced to reverse into my charging spot every time if I had to give up my longer cable, and no chance of charging with another car in the way, so the standard cable doesn't cut it for me.

However if they have got the charger and car communicating fully and the ability to set and change charging time from the app then I'd be tempted...

Reactions: UrbanSplash