Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all--just ordered my LRMY and I'm stoked. Seeing as I live in CO, I was planning on getting some slightly more aggressive tires/rims. Curious if anyone has been able to trade in their stock tires for some sort of credit towards new ones? Or maybe that's not really a thing anymore. Thanks!

If you mean "trade in direct to tesla", thats not a thing, they dont do that. You will have to sell then privately if you want different tires / rims than you ordered with the vehicle.
Yo! I moreso meant at a tire supplier like Discount Tire or something :) I had heard of people doing that in the past, didn't know if that was an option! Appreciate the response.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Ahh,

I have no idea if thats a thing. I mostly read about people selling (or attempting to sell) the OEM tires / rims. New model 3s and Ys use a specific bluetooth TPMS so if you are selling the tires / rims, you will either need to sell them without TPMS or plan on buying new ones. "regular" TPMS are not compatible with new model 3s and Ys.